cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4

Alexa on pro box

Go to solution

I haven’t got the voice control option in my settings on my Pro box. Anyone know how i can find this?

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Re: Alexa on pro box

Go to solution

Hi @megwheller 

I’ve not seen this as a feature of the BT pro box, since getting mine in February. Searching the forum suggests that this was a YouView feature but never rolled out to the Pro Box:

https://community.bt.com/t5/YouView-from-BT/BT-TV-Box-Pro-Alexa/td-p/2253799

MikeAlanR

Message 3 of 4

Go to solution

Alexa as released on  older Youview boxes  only  applied to the Youview universal search so you would get search results displayed but that was it. You would need to use the remote controls to to perform further navigation and  indeed to play or launch anything.

When the the Bt Tv Pro Box was first released it was hoped that there would br a voice control feature  (its  original remote search button has a microphone symbol)  but that hope has not been realised.

Message 4 of 4

Go to solution

@zulu17 indeed, my remote has the mic button and you can even see the pinhole just above that button where the Mic is.

I dont think there are plans to add it either, as all documentation shows a search button there instead. Other platforms have it and it works very well.

0 Ratings