cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4

Another IPC6023 problem

BT settop box isn't showing me any of the multicast channels eg Alibi/GOLD. no cinema channels either. I get above error.

I have spent the last two days talking to the chat help desk. Most of the time was spent by them getting me to turn the units on and off. I eventually found a long enough cat5 cable to connect settop box and guess what same problem. I have been 45 years in systems computing and this instance that you have to turn things on and off again just keeps the elephants at bay, Its obviosaly a subscription setting. Worse than that they raised a fault saying it was at exchange, BT cleared it but obviously haven't. The SMS message link brings up all kinds of trojen warnings, mainly because link does some kind of bounce I suspect. (Oh thats the browser fault, reset all your cookies.....) I've never seen any information on faults in myBT accoiund! Obviously it hasn't been fixed and is in the same state. So went through another hour again. Turning things on and off again! They say they've raised a fault, and say I should see it in myBT account under faults. I have never seen it.  This has been a complete waste of my time as well as the chat facility of BT.

So how do I get BT to just check/reset my subscription?

How do I get to see fault tickets in myBT online account?

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Re: Another IPC6023 problem

Hi @keland,

Thank you for posting. I'm sorry if you're having problems with your BT TV service. 

Normally the IPC6023 error relates to a Broadband issue, that's impacting the TV service but it looks like you have done everything you can to rule that out. If you send me your details, I'll be able to run a few checks on your service.

I have sent you a private message with instructions on how to contact the team.  You can access your messages via the envelope icon at the top right of the screen, or click on this link, Private messages

Thanks,

Paddy

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 4

I phoned them, got through to someone in Newcastle. He's confirmed that the TV part is NOT tied to my Broadband, and appears to have been like this since 1st June.

He's raised the matter with the relevant internal group.  I'll report back if and when its working.

Lesson here is pick up the phone 😞

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 4

Hi @keland,

Thank you for posting back.

Please keep us updated.

Thanks,

Paddy

0 Ratings