cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 31 of 34

Re: Apple TV app

@IJMR 91-00438 is just the warehouse code - the equivalent of the Argos number.  The TV Box you have is the DTR-2000 - the "TV Recordable Box" in this list: https://www.bt.com/help/tv/learn-about-tv/bt-tv-boxes  It's the oldest working TV Box that BT/EE support, but is very out of date and very slow.

You definitely will get a better experience by upgrading - you don't need to persuade anyone.  You just need to recontract.

0 Ratings
Message 32 of 34

@Midnight_Voicewrote:

Even there, Now just threatened to make the stick obsolescent as well, by not providing Ultra Boost on it, but actually it does support it. But even if it didn’t, £50 for a current Roku stick will make the TV as good as new again, which beats the couple of grand it would cost to replace the no-longer-so-Smart TV.

Seriously, you don't need to spend a "couple of grand" for a decent Smart TV, that is unless you want all the bells and whistles. Since your TV is almost 10 years old, I suspect you're not too bothered about "top tech". We're not either but we are well satisfied with our TVs - a Samsung for my wife and a Sony for YT. 

May I suggest a trip down the Indian favourite food electricl shop. For around £220 you can get a decent 43" and check whether the performance is good enough for you given the more up-to-date processors.

0 Ratings
Message 33 of 34

@IJMR @DarrenDev 

I make it a DTR-T2100. The DTR-T2000 was the YouView box they sold retail.

My DTR-T2110, same box essentially but sold by BT as a retail box, has Model Code 91-00512, and BT Item Code 077328.

The full Model Name is actually DTR-T2110/500G/BT/HS. 500G is probably 500GB, but I have no idea what the HS is.

It’s probably identical to yours for all practical purposes.

I think it was a point of principle to get Amazon Prime working on it, but yes, it’s pretty slow.

Here’s a T1000 bottom, with a T2000 above it, and at top the T2110, sporting the custom sleeper-friendly mod 😛

IMG_1498.jpeg

—————————————————————————————————————
*** Longtime YouView box owner, BT Broadband customer, finally an EE TV subscriber ***
0 Ratings
Message 34 of 34

@Carlusha 

The 55” JS9000 was our main TV until 2021, when we moved, and it was demoted to kitchen/diner duties, stripped of its companion Yamaha soundbar, in favour of a 65” LG GX and GX soundbar.

My compromise there was to get the 2020 model rather than the 2021, but I still wanted top of the range.

We got a 43” LG NANO to replace the 32” bedroom Samsung, but it wasn’t the best, so last year we got a 48” LG C2 OLED instead, after checking that the wall could take it, (again, the best, but the best from the previous model year; we just pretend we’ve had them longer 😛).

The best-looking TVs, no question, are the Sonys, but their beauty is only skin-deep, alas, so we avoid them. (The Samsung was an emergency purchase, 2 days before Christmas, to replace a Sony that simply didn’t work).

I know there are some bargains out there, from the likes of Hisense and TCL, but the top tier makers still outclass them.

But even the GX is sporting a Roku stick, and has done so since day 1; it came without itv and Channel Four players, and though itv came along eventually, it has never had the Channel Four player. But being able to add the stick very cheaply, I never had to settle for a different make of TV just to get that player on it.

—————————————————————————————————————
*** Longtime YouView box owner, BT Broadband customer, finally an EE TV subscriber ***