cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 7

BOX PRO REMOTE

Is there any way I can turn off bluetooth on my remote?? as when i turn on the box, my Chromecast with TV switches on at the same time, very annoying! 

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Re: BOX PRO REMOTE

I doubt that's anything to do with Bluetooth - try pressing the power button on the front of the BT box. I'd expect the same thing to happen.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 7

Hi Darren, the Chromecast remote is also bluetooth!!

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 7

Yes, and so is your phone, maybe headphones too? Households have many different Bluetooth devices, but they're all uniquely paired - commands from one device don't affect any others.
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 7

@Jiffy1 I suspect the Chromecast turning on with the TV is more to do with CEC being enabled than a Bluetooth issue.

Different devices handle CEC either well or poorly, it basically enables devices to turn a TV on or off or switch input via HDMI.

Sky devices for example often break CEC, especially when connected to an LG TV for some reason, causing other attached devices to have issues. I had to buy a CEC HDMI blocker to fix it.

Otherwise you might find a specific CEC setting in the TV or Chromecast itself. Worth noting that it isn't always called CEC either, LG for example call it "SimpLink". 

What is CEC (Consumer Electronics Control)? 

————————————————————-
BT Smart Hub 2 | Halo 3+ | Sky Q | Apple TV 4K | LG OLED
0 Ratings
Message 6 of 7

Yes, thats a possibility too, will check my inputs for HDMI, there may be one that doesn't have CEC. Thanks.

Message 7 of 7

You can turn CEC off from the display settings on your Chromecast with Google TV too.
0 Ratings