cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 16

Re: BT Box pro

Go to solution

Well it turns out that Simplink is turned on in the tv menu, I’ve also tried it plugged into different hdmi ports, still nothing.

but yes it is correct that the remote does indeed have ir as well.

Is there a way to make it talk to the tv via infrared?

I’ve tried home + 9 and home + 7.

still nothing, quite frustrating this is, I feel if I ring bt I’ll get absolutely no where, it took them three attempts to send out the correct tv box!

I really don’t know what else to try, is there a way to set the remote up manually with lg’s code so it knows the infrared code for the tv?

thanks again👍

Message 12 of 16

Go to solution

Afraid not. This is from memory so I might get some of the words wrong but the meaning is the same.

I think it's on one of the BT help pages where it says something like'The remote control should work with most TV models as it is out of the box, if it doesn't then you'll have to use two remotes, one for the box and one for the TV'.

I'll have a look later and post the link if I find it.

Edit: That was easier than I thought it would be.

How do I control my TV with my BT TV remote control? | BT Help

BT TV Pro Remote.jpg

0 Ratings
Message 13 of 16

Go to solution

Do you have a bedroom TV you could try it on?

Just a thought but have you checked the Bluetooth option in the Box's menu is set to TV?

0 Ratings
Message 14 of 16

Go to solution

As an update so far, I spoke with bt help earlier and they think the remote is defective and are sending out another.

they advised to go into the remote control settings to check the volume control.

No volume control setting, Bluetooth setting said disconnected, battery level, MAC address etc said not known..

the remote works the bt box ok though.

when the new remote arrives we’ll see what happens..

I’ll report back if it cures it to close it off, have a good weekend everyone..

thanks again👍

Message 15 of 16

Go to solution

Just an update to this as promised, a bit delayed as I had to wait for an engineer to visit.

but, new remote arrived, no difference.

after another while on the phone and a visit from an engineer, we swapped the tv box and now it all works perfectly, so it turns out it was defective from new.

thanks again to you all👍

Message 16 of 16

Go to solution

Good evening @Chuckster

Thank you for posting back to let the community know the solution to the issues you were experiencing.  Sorry for the problems you had with the original box and it's really pleasing to see that the replacement box has done the trick.

I'll go ahead and mark your post above as the accepted solution.

Thanks,

Robbie