cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 12

BT/EETV APP

I hope this is in the correct forum. Apologies if not.

I have a new Pro Box with a new subscription. Thr reason I took the box is the subscription is cheaper with TNT Sport, than just paying for a standalone Sport package.

I've installed the EETV APP, paired it with the box, logged into the app but, I keep getting the following message on the app:

'Can't find an active TV subscription on this account'.

The same appears with the Discovery + app, which was working perfectly before a change/update of contract.

Desperate help required please? 🙏

0 Ratings
11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12

Re: BT/EETV APP

@Bigron58   hi  your subscription may not be live yet, I believe it takes a couple of days before it goes live.. The box arrives before subscription starts, I maybe wrong,  but someone on these forums can assist you in this matter.. 

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 12

Hi and thanks for your reply.

My subscription went live today and I can view TNT Sports plus Eurosport on the Pro Box which I set up today.

It's the EETV APP where I can't view the sports  channels.

I was told by BT customer service it would go live at the same time.

Just to add, I'm a BT Broadband customer. My mobile is now EE after renting my contract.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 12

@Bigron58   To log in to EETV app use your BT broadband account log in details not your EE phone log in details

I am with BT Broadband and BT  for my TV subscription, that's what I use... 

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 12

Firstly, thanks for pointing out I can watch TNT Sports on the app, I never knew that.

It might be that the order isnt quite complete, you can see the status of things like this in your My BT. The subscription TV that is delivered to the box is a separate technology, it is piped to you. Viewing these channels on the EETV app or Discovery Plus app will I assume be governed more by your specific credentials relating to Discovery Plus and the linking of which, or at least that side of things, its conceivable that this part is help up somewhere given its a different technology/service.

It might be something that @DarrenDev can answer specifically.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
BT900 | Nokia ONT | Ubiquity ER-X | EETV Box Pro (IP Mode) | Unifi CK2 | 6x Unifi U6+ | 2x Unifi SAK Ultra
0 Ratings
Message 6 of 12

This would make sense and support my theory its credentials on the Discovery side of things not linked up with EETV, problem is he said his Discovery Plus app worked fine before the switch, I assume he is still using his existing credentials there.

Before I joined BT and EETV I had NowTV and Discovery Plus separately with separate credentials, these accounts were just hijacked by BT and now managed by them when I signed up for Big Sport, my existing credentials remained with those accounts and still work, it just says, 'Managed by BT' or something in my account with Now and Discovery.

Theory is, if Discovery Plus has stopped working for this guy then I assume its related to that process of BT taking ownership of the accounts which is separate to them punting the Multicast TV service.

I am guessing though.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
BT900 | Nokia ONT | Ubiquity ER-X | EETV Box Pro (IP Mode) | Unifi CK2 | 6x Unifi U6+ | 2x Unifi SAK Ultra
0 Ratings
Message 7 of 12

It appears that you had issues with your order @Bigron58 - as a result of this, your old account was ceased, and a new account was created.  This is why your BT ID doesn't work in the app, and why your discovery+ subscription ended.

You need to add the new account number to your BT ID, with the Account Holder role - see the following article for guidance:

https://www.bt.com/help/tv/fix-a-problem/bt-tv-app/general/problems-logging-in-to-the-bt-tv-app-and-...

Once this is done, you'll then see a link in MyBT to activate your discovery+ again - when it takes you to the discovery+ site, be sure to use the "Sign in" button in the top right corner to pair your new subscription with your existing account.

Message 8 of 12

Additional clarifications:
Activation in the apps usually occurs within a few minutes of the order - you don't need to wait for your box to arrive. This is true for EE TV, Now TV, discovery+, Netflix - subject to subscription.
Activation on the TV Box will only occur on the agreed activation date - this is when your subscriptions are paired with your broadband line, causing all channels and some apps to just start working and already know who you are. If the box arrives early, it won't work fully until the service is activated - it's best to not even plug it in, as you'll get a better experience if everything is ready at the time of install.
Message 9 of 12

Hi Darren,

Thank you very much for your help. I've managed to add the new account and the EETV APP is now working 👏😊

Onto the Discovery+ app.

I go into Account and change my login email address.

I input my new email login I'm using for EETV APP.

It then says 'Check Tour Inbox' to verify your new email address to my existing email.

I go into my existing email but there is no email sent to verify. I have tried this 4 times now, but still nothing.

I am totally at a lose here, as I cannot move onto the next step with Discovery +

Once again I call for your invaluable help please 🙏

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 12

You don't need to change anything in your existing discovery+ account.

Instead, go to www.bt.com/mybt and log in with your BT account - i.e. the one you're now able to log into the EE TV app with.

You should see a tile to activate discovery+ - select it.

When you're taken to the discovery+ site, you have 2 options:

If you already had a discovery+ account with the email address you now want to use for it, use the "Sign in" button in the top right corner and sign in with your existing discovery+ credentials.  This will pair your subscription to this account.

If you now want discovery+ to be on an email address that you haven't used on discovery+ previously, then fill in the form you see.  This will create a new account and pair your subscription with it.