cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4

BT box constantly not working

My BT box consistently does not work on one channel or another, 2 weeks ago I couldnt get BBC1, I did a factory reset lost all my recordings and it all worked, a week later cant get ITV1, so another factory reset and its all working. On average I have to do a factory reset once a week to get all channels to work for a week and most recordings I do actually fail, BT installed my aerial when I had the hub.  I am so fed up, really seriously considering going back to Sky.  Anyone got any ideas please.

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Re: BT box constantly not working

Do you mean you've had a new aerial installed because Sky I assume were using their Dish?

Could be a signal strength issue in the area, you could try a booster on the aerial line....

Depending on what BT box you have, you could try IP Mode and watch the TV over the internet via WIFI or ethernet, recommending the latter but I think you have to be a subscriber to the service also.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
BT900 | Nokia ONT | Ubiquity ER-X | EETV Box Pro (IP Mode) | Unifi CK2 | 6x Unifi U6+ | 2x Unifi SAK Ultra
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 4

@pjones2005 

It's important to know the signal strength and signal quality you're getting on the main channels as too weak or too strong a signal or poor quality can play havoc with viewing or recording. This is very likely the problem area.

Also you can do a reset without losing your recordings but that shouldn't be necessary really.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 4

@pjones2005 

Before the reset, did you try a retune? Settings/TV Channels? 

When you did the reset, could you have chosen a less drastic one, and kept your recordings?

Can you report what you get from Settings/TV Signal Quality for at least the two affected channels - Channel, Strength, and Quality?

*** Longtime YouView box owner, BT Broadband customer, but never a BT TV subscriber ***
0 Ratings