cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 6

BT PVRs

Go to solution

I can control my Panasonic TV with an app. Is there an app to control the BT or maybe EE PVRs?

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Re: BT PVRs

Go to solution

@Gen1948 

The EE TV app (used to be the BT TV app) will allow you to pair the app with one YouView box, after which you can set recordings remotely from the app, look the upcoming recording schedule, and so on.

The data goes to and fro via central servers, so there is no direct communication between box and app, and you want to set recordings an hour or two in advance because of the delays in going via the central server, but it’s still a very useful feature.

—————————————————————————————————————
*** Longtime YouView box owner, BT Broadband customer, but never an EE TV subscriber ***
Message 3 of 6

Go to solution
The delay for setting recordings should only be a max of a couple of minutes.
Now that the TV Box Pro and TV Box Mini are Bluetooth capable, we have discussed the possibility of adding it to the EE TV app. There are some security implications to consider, but we hope to dig deeper into this idea in the coming months.
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 6

Go to solution

@DarrenDev 

Correction to 2 minutes max delay noted. I’m glad it’s improved from what was promised originally.

—————————————————————————————————————
*** Longtime YouView box owner, BT Broadband customer, but never an EE TV subscriber ***
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 6

Go to solution

I regularly use the app to set remote recordings  just a few minutes before kickoff of matches and it works well.  
Not sure what the current rules are for new  remote recordings requests for boxes in Smart Standby mode  during the hours that the box is in deep sleep.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 6

Go to solution

Many thanks Midnight, Darren and Zulu. All up and working. Good tip about setting record in advance since it's not in real time connectivity. Will also experiment with the box standby settings.

0 Ratings