cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 91 of 107

Re: BT Pro Box surround sound

Could you please try setting it to Multi Ch Stereo and see how that sounds? You should find that the exact same sound comes from the rear speakers as the front, and this can be annoying.
With Dolby Surround (the fake kind, formerly known as Pro Logic), it creates virtual surround from the stereo it has received - this causes some sound to come out of the rear speakers (sometimes including low level voices), but nowhere near as much as what you hear from front left and right.

If that's the bit that you don't like, check out the "Speaker Virtualizer" setting, which can be turned off: https://manuals.marantz.com/sr7015/NA/EN/GFNFSYvdfworfs.php

0 Ratings
Message 92 of 107

@SoupDragon57- That's exactly it that I'm trying to understand. You're second screenshot shows the Input for ITV2 HD as being 5.1 but its actually 2.0. This is wrong yes?

This means the Receiver is being told that this 2.0 channel is a 5.1 channel and so it plays it through all speakers (Up mixes it or DD+ wraps it or whatever the term is) as apposed to Only the Left and Right Channels. You can manually change this on the Receiver to 2 channel but that's not really the point.

Is my understand right here or am i missing something? 🙂

0 Ratings
Message 93 of 107

@AlyCath Yes. That is exactly my point. Whilst ITV1HD had been sent as DD+2.0, the other ITV channels come as DD+5.1, With only FL+FR channels being used. It is inconsistent. I would argue the config for ITV1HD is correct.

0 Ratings
Message 94 of 107

So, just to confirm then ... you're happy that ITV1 is doing what it should, and sounds OK. It's just the other ITV channels you're saying are still wrong?
So that'd confirm that the TV Box fault has been fixed, but we have an issue with the streams. I'll ask the headend team to compare settings.
Message 95 of 107

@SoupDragon57 Yes, i agree with this. ITV1 HD seems correct but the others are not as you say, and this is an issue with the BT Box.
They should all come through as DD+ 2.0 and not 5.1. This would solve the issue i think 🙂
Message 96 of 107

i agree that it is the stream i have denon avr and that exhibits the same on itv 

glad its not just me 

Message 97 of 107

Sorry - reading back through yesterday's conversation, I can see that we were in violent agreement.
I was saying that the box now behaves as it should - i.e. the software bug is fixed. I'd missed on the subtlety that ITV1 is doing what it should, but ITV2/3/4 and Quest are still wrong.

The headend team have found the fault and know the fix. Unfortunately we're currently in a "service protection period" where changes can't be made to live services without strong justification and senior approval. They're pushing to get this through today, meaning the channels could be fixed in the next few hours. If they don't get approval then it would be done in the first week of January. I'll update here when I know.
Message 98 of 107

excellent as always darren thank you

hope you enjoy your holiday

0 Ratings
Message 99 of 107

Great news, thank you. 

0 Ratings
Message 100 of 107

@DarrenDev i think we are in agreement 😁👍