cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 11

BT TV 4K box wont come out of standby

Hi I have just replaced a faulty BT TV 4K box and set it up and all seemed fine. I now find I have a problem that when I try to switch it on first thing in the morning that it will not come out of standby! The red standby light is on but pressing the remote does nothing. I have to switch off at the mains and switch back on so the red light comes on and then the remote will switch the TV on so blue light! This proves that it is not the remote! Then everything seems fine! Any ideas? Bully

0 Ratings
10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11

Re: BT TV 4K box wont come out of standby

Hi @Bully,

When you're using the new BT TV 4k box, have you switched over every cable and used the replacement remote control too?

Do you have an open BT TV fault?

Thanks
DanielS 

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 11

Hi yes I switched over all the cables, I haven't got an open BT TV fault yet as I have done a factory reset so will see tomorrow if its cleared the fault.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 11

Thanks @Bully.

Hopefully the factory reset will sort everything out for you.

If not, raising a BT TV fault would be the best way to go. As you've already had a replacement box recently we may look at sending out a Qube engineer.

Thanks

DanielS 

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 11

Hi @Bully, have you had a chance to factory reset the box yet? If you've done it how did it go?

Cheers

John

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 11

Hi John yep I factory reset it and still got the same problem! I have started eliminating things for instance I have now swapped the TV over for another one I have got and still have a problem that if I leave it over night and then try and switch on the TV it wont come out of standby! There is a red light on the box but and the remote flashes blue when I press the on button but nothing! I have to switch off at the mains and switch on and then if I press the remote the light on the box goes from red to blue which is what I expect and it works! Tonight I will unplug all the outputs from the BT box eg HDMI and aerial and see what happens tomorrow. Its looking good for Sky especially as I recently found out that to have BT TV you have to have BT Broadband which is a bit annoying as BT only give me 60 Mbps and another supplier is offering 300 Mbps at 75% less.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 11

Hi @Bully  thanks for updating the thread, I'm sorry that didn't work. Can you check what standby mode your box is in?

Go to Settings
In 'Box Management', select Power & Standby

Try switching between the modes to see if that helps.

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 11

Ok will do I have had it on Smart and switched to Eco a few times so not sure you aren't barking up the wrong tree

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 11

@Bully It's worth a try, post back and let us know how you get on. If needs be we'll get your details and report a fault.

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 11

Still same problem, I spoke to BT yesterday and they have raised a complaint and they say they will monitor the box. Last night I switched the TV off and the red standby light came on which is what I expected! Came down this morning and NO red standby light, tried to switch on TV with remote and as expected wouldn't come on! Switched off at the mains then back on again after approx 10 seconds and red standby light came on then was able to switch on TV with the remote! I have told BT that I plan to cancel contract as this is the third box I have had trouble with but agreed to have one more go at fixing it. 

0 Ratings