cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 3

BT TV Box Pro Frozen

Hi,

Had my BT TV Box Pro delivered yesterday and set up went smoothly till I received an IPC6023 error on all channels. Checked connection and all was working fine over wired connection. (Not using an Aerial for the TV box just Router) I was able to watch shows on NOW TV so a connection problem wasn't the cause. I followed the help instructions on the error code by Restarting router then the tv box but still no change. I then decided to do a factory reset on the tv box but when it reloaded and I was trying to set up again the box kept freezing at the TV Channels Mode page where you select whether you want to run over the router or by aerial. I was unable to select any options but the remote was still working as I could turn off the TV with the remote. I then peformed a soft reset on the box and a hard reset but it would return me to the same frozen screen. 

Contact BT support but they are unable to send someone out to fix until the 15th of this month leaving me half a month without a TV service is there any other fixes people have found or similar issues that I can try to resolve this problem in the meantime? 

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Re: BT TV Box Pro Frozen

Hi @JakeDuffy 

As you have factory reset the box  I suspect it could be as simple as 

resetting and repairing your remote to allow it to control your box again.

see

https://www.bt.com/help/tv/fix-a-problem/remote/which-remote-do-you-have/resetting-your-remote-contr...

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 3

Re: BT TV Box Pro Frozen

I'm still able to turn off the box and the tv with the remote aswell as changing volume so would this fix the issue? I'll still give this a try later.
0 Ratings