cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

BT TV Box Pro bluetooth remote replacement

Hi,

I lost remote control of my BT TV Box Pro. I can still control the box with my TV’s remote though but I don’t have all the buttons in my TV’s remote.

Can I pair new remote to the box somehow? 

https://www.bt.com/help/tv/fix-a-problem/remote/which-remote-do-you-have/resetting-your-remote-contr...

This guide only shows how to reset remote, not how to connect to box.

I can only see current remote in the settings of the box.

Thanks.

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: BT TV Box Pro bluetooth remote replacement

I'm not clear what your issue is. Are you saying that you've physically mislaid/lost the remote control or that it's lost the ability to control your box? If the former, & the box's software is up to date, there's a facility to find lost remotes by pressing the button on the side of the box.

Otherwise the link you posted will pair a new remote.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 5

Thanks for reply. The problem is that lost remote shows in the settings of the box. How can I pair a new one if there is old one showing as paired? How can I unpair old one and pair a new one?

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 5

I don't know but would imagine that pairing a new one would replace the old one. As an alternative the remotes from the older boxes also work with the Pro Box, although by IR rather than BT.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 5

How do you manage to lose a 9"x 2" remote, especially as it has a 'find me' facility?