cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 14

Re: BT TV Box Pro recording

Go to solution

@Ian999 

The trouble here seems to be that remote and box need to be set together (or at least, that is all that the help describes) and setting the box back to #1, and then going to #2 with the new remote, will leave the original remote stuck on #1 again 😢

I think there is a simple two-part question here:-

“I have a Humax Freesat box that I have set to Remode Mode #2, with its existing remote.
  I have a new additional remote for it, which does not control it, as it is, I expect, on Remote Mode #1.

How do I get this remote onto Remote Mode #2 and still have the original remote and the box on #2?”

which you could perhaps usefully ask on:-

https://myhumax.org/forum/topic/programming-remote/

as someone there may know the procedure for it.

—————————————————————————————————————
*** Longtime YouView box owner, BT Broadband customer, finally an EE TV subscriber ***
0 Ratings
Message 12 of 14

Go to solution

Thanks for this which is a good summary of the position.  Before going further on the myhumax forum I have a further question on the BT Community.

Nobody has mentioned whether it is possible to reset the BT TV Box Pro and it's remote to, say, Remote Mode 3 . 

If this was possible I could just reset the original Humax control back to Remote Mode *1 which would match the new additional remote.

Does anybody know the answer.

0 Ratings
Message 13 of 14

Go to solution

@Ian999 

Unimaginable amounts of grief for multiple YouView box users has resulted over the years from their boxes all using the same Remote Codes set, Humax #1.

Only the Box Pro and the Box Mini, with their Bluetooth pairing mechanism, have got away from this; and even now, if you use an older YouView box alongside a Bluetooth one, you have to cover the IR sensor on the  newer box, lest it still respond to the IR from the older remote 😢

—————————————————————————————————————
*** Longtime YouView box owner, BT Broadband customer, finally an EE TV subscriber ***
0 Ratings
Message 14 of 14

Go to solution

@Ian999 

Is it possible to do a factory reset/keep recordings of your non-YouView Humax? 

A factory reset of the box should return the IR code to #1. You could then use your new remote to change the code to #2.

Edit: I've done this with a Panasonic recorder. A Humax box might behave differently.

0 Ratings