cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 21 of 36

Re: BT TV Box Pro turning on randomly

Not sure if the investigation is still happening but this has happened to us now, at night of course. Went searching and found this thread.

TV LG OLED48CX5LC

BT PRO BOX 4.1.116

Man Software 0.9.88

+097445+2150001201

0 Ratings
Message 22 of 36

Hi @RichieG, thank you for reporting this. The investigation is still ongoing. I ran a quick check and think I can see the box waking at 01:18 yesterday morning - does that sound about right (no pun intended!)?
0 Ratings
Message 23 of 36

Yup, that's correct. I had a very strange dream until I woke up enough to realise that the noise was from the connected surround sound system...

0 Ratings
Message 24 of 36

Thanks loads for confirming - had a few nights like that trying to figure out why the issue is happening. I'll drop you a PM to get some more info if that's OK, we might need to get some extra insight from your box without causing you any more unexpected alarm calls.

Ta,

David

0 Ratings
Message 25 of 36

Mine is doing the same too. We’ve only had it a couple of weeks
0 Ratings
Message 26 of 36

Hi @Megbeaumont18 and thanks for posting. I'll drop you a direct message to get some more info and add to our investigation.
Regards
David
0 Ratings
Message 27 of 36

Hello our box has started doing this too, it is a Sony Bravia tv . Thanks 

0 Ratings
Message 28 of 36

Hello @David_H  I have also had this issue for a while now. I've been trying to figure out if its my relatively new Sony TV or my relatively new EE TV box. The issue only started when I received the new box. I see that the box and TV screen are on most mornings, although sometimes its just the box and the TV must have timed out. I woke up very early one day this week to see for myself and I witnessed it happened twice at around 6am a couple of days ago. If you could help that would be great as I'm wasting a lot of electricity on it turning on and turning the TV on too!

0 Ratings
Message 29 of 36

I don't know if this will actually help anyone but I just swapped my BT hub for an EE hub and had the same, or very similar issues; my LG TV would turn on randomly and in effect, would not really switch off as it would start up agin a few minutes after being switched off. No set amount of time, it would just turn on and I had to switch it off at the socket outlet.

After much searching through the settings on the BT box and not finding anything that helped, I did the same for the TV settings and I noticed that the TV wasn't actually connected to the Internet. I connected to the EE hub and so far it appears to have solved the problem.

0 Ratings
Message 30 of 36

Hi to any thread watchers. Apologies for the lack of updates whilst a lot of investigation has continued in the background. We believe the issue is specific to a group of boxes with a particular HDMI configuration where the TV box is reporting a mismatched microcode level which could "trick" the HDMI output into waking up (ACTIVE_ON) during an overnight software check when the normal behaviour would be to remain in ACTIVE_OFF mode.

We have seen some positive change in some cases by simply removing the power lead from the box, leaving for a minute and then reconnecting. This forced power off event is sufficient to reset the MCU and resolve the chipset error. We're continuing to discuss with the manufacturer on providing a firmware update for affected devices,

thanks

David