cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 36

Re: BT TV Box Pro turning on randomly

My mini box and Panasonic TV has turned on twice  each night since the EETV update on Tuesday night. Very annoying as it is the TV in my bedroom. This must be linked to the EETV changeover.

Message 12 of 36

Hi @Norman53 could you drop me  a direct message with your TV Box serial number?

Happy to have anyone else seeing this behaviour to do that as well.

Definitely seems coincidental to the 0.9.58 release, though there's nothing in the rebrand manifest that should change HDMI or CEC behaviour. As others have remarked, some TVs seem more prone to this spontaneous wake up when they are in standby mode so we're conducting an investigation to see why. 

To send me a direct message just click on my name , view profile and click the message button, thanks!

David

0 Ratings
Message 13 of 36

thanks SN 109326+2324001750 model name DIW3930  

Any help would appreciated. Thanks

Norman

0 Ratings
Message 14 of 36

Mine is also turning by its self through the night waking us up since update! Having to unplug at wall which is a bit of a joke
0 Ratings
Message 15 of 36

Same with us since update 4.50am then 5.30am
0 Ratings
Message 16 of 36

The exact sane thing has been happening to us! Our mini box in our bedroom has turned itself on 2-3 times each night since the changeover to EE on Tuesday. It’s always around 1:30am, 2:30am and 4am. This is so annoying and is affecting our sleep! We have tried changing the hdmi port it is connected to and it still happens! 

0 Ratings
Message 17 of 36

The same thing is happening to us since the EETV changeover. We have the mini box in our bedroom, connected to a Samsung tv and it has been this way for months and been absolutely fine. Since the changeover, it has turned itself on every night, 2-3 times a night and turns our tv on which is seriously annoying. We have tried changing the hdmi port but it just does the same thing. 

0 Ratings
Message 18 of 36

I have been experiencing the same issue since the EE TV update.

0 Ratings
Message 19 of 36

Hi @ashong1979  sorry to hear that, please ping me your TV box serial number and if possible the make and model of your TV so we can add to the investigation.

For everyone following this thread, latest update is that we're in a deep dive with Youview to look at how and why this behaviour has started to occur - we have some good pointers but have not yet recreated the specific repro steps. 

From what we can see in the data, this issue only appears to impact a very small number of customers so is likely to  be down to a specific combination of environmental / connection factors, but understandably really annoying if the TV wakes up in the small hours, so would suggest either removing the HDMI cable or turning the TV off at the switch overnight until we have a fix tested and pushed out to avoid any unwelcome alarm calls.

Appreciate all the feedback so far,

David

0 Ratings
Message 20 of 36

We've been deep diving the erratic wake up behaviour of some Pro and Mini boxes and have a couple of promising leads thanks to some amazing help from @sjturnerhome and @Norman53 - thanks to both of you.

We're continuing to investigate as while the issue is not impacting large numbers of customers, it's annoying if the TV is waking up in the middle of the night however we don't expect to have a fix to deploy until early in the New Year.

In the meantime, the issue can be mitigated by switching the TV Box power mode from "Smart" to "Always On" which stops the TV box from waking the HDMI port of the connected TV, or by switching the TV off rather than standby overnight - no need to scare Santa when he's dropping off the presents...

Thanks

David