cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 31 of 36

Re: BT TV Box Pro turning on randomly

Also still happening to me, middle of the night etc.  Perhaps third time in last four weeks.

Happening just this morning 10:41am, the tv Pro Box just started up flashing logo and shortly after the Samsung TV switched on.

TV box pro was in Energy saver

TV was in standby mode.

No recording set to activate at that time.

0 Ratings
Message 32 of 36

To the best of my knowledge, these random startups began after the EE rebrand/software update.
0 Ratings
Message 33 of 36

This happened to ours last night for the first time. Box was replaced around two weeks ago as old one had given up and was awoken about 3am by noise from tv. Turned off and then it was on when I woke again about 5am. Turned off again and it came on for a third time about 10 minutes later. Eventually pulled power cable out to prevent it. 

Serial number is +097445+2232005146 - can this be added to the investigation please 

0 Ratings
Message 34 of 36

Good morning, thank you for being a point of contact for this irritating issue, which has been plaguing us - I really regret allowing myself to be lured into this BT service and leaving Sky.

it is particularly distressing as sometimes it comes on very loud, and disturbs my neighbour who is receiving palliative care.

The serial number of my box is +112147+2331070444 and is attached to a JVC TV.

I hope a fix is imminent.

Kind regards,

Peter

0 Ratings
Message 35 of 36

@Zaphod1 @maddslad30 

While the issue is ongoing, try leaving the YouView box in standby, but with the HDMI cable disconnected.

This will stop it using the TV to wake you up, without stopping the overnight update that might one day come to fix the issue.

—————————————————————————————————————
*** Longtime YouView box owner, BT Broadband customer, but never yet an EE TV subscriber ***
Message 36 of 36

Thanks for that idea - I'll do that.

Kind regards

Peter

0 Ratings