cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

BT TV Box Slow Connection to Wifi

I've recently upgraded by BT Broadband and TV to EE Broadband and TV. I have been given a mini box with EE logo and i still have the old BT TV Box pro with the light that has changed colour to match EE. Recently, every time i turn the box and TV on it doesn't connect straight to the WiFi and either takes 5 minutes on it's own or i have to restart the BT TV Box. The Router is probably 5m away through a wall but i have a disc which is probably 3m away from the BT TV Box which is connects to so no walls inbetween. It has full strength signal, but always a delay to load apps or channels that require WiFi.

I've tried changing the standby so it's always active and nothing changes. I have no problems with the mini box, although this is only 1m away from the main router.

Does anyone have any suggestions how to fix this or should i be asking EE for their new TV box?

Thanks!

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: BT TV Box Slow Connection to Wifi

@Robbo298 

Did you get a new router from EE, and is the disc you are using a BT one?

There are reports that BT Discs and EE routers don’t play nicely together.

As a test, try switching the disc off; if this cures the delay, even at the cost of a much weaker WiFi signal, that gives you your answer.

It seems that even though the Pro box can work equally well on both sorts of broadband, and even though @DarrenDev assures us it is the same broadband, the broadband components from the router onwards need to be matched by brand.

—————————————————————————————————————
*** Longtime YouView box owner, BT Broadband customer, finally an EE TV subscriber, but with a few issues still to be ironed out ***
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 5

Thanks for the suggestion,

However, i still have a BT Smart Hub 2 and a BT disc, although it's the white one with the EE logo punched out. I require the disc to reach other wifi controlled devices to the back of the house and without they won't connect.

Any other ideas why it doesn't connect to the wifi straight away? Reset of the BT TV Box Pro hasn't done anything either.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 5

@Robbo298 

As a test, try it anyway, when you don’t need the rest of the items on. Are those other items slow to connect as well?

I would also suggest rebooting the router, and the disc.

—————————————————————————————————————
*** Longtime YouView box owner, BT Broadband customer, finally an EE TV subscriber, but with a few issues still to be ironed out ***
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 5

No, they are light switches, and CCTV so always connected so i always need it on. This just happens with the TV box when we turn it back on to watch TV.

I thought it would be to do with the standby options and it just taking time to connect, but it's takes a while to connect when turned back on or i get bored and restart it.

0 Ratings