cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

BT TV Channels All Missing Besides Sports and AMC

Go to solution

So I turned on my BT TV Box this evening and all the channels were missing besides sports which I don't have access to anyway because I have the Entertainment package.

Anyone else ever experienced this? Does this sometimes happen if BT do maintenance work? Would a factory reset help? I'm all ears for solutions or information.

And yes, I have checked to see if I accidentally catergorised my channels. I've also tried a software update but it was up to date.

Thanks.

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: BT TV Channels All Missing Besides Sports and AMC

Go to solution

Hi @Myrmidon 

I presume you have tried to soft reset or power off and back on the box.

Couple of questions - which Tv box is it  ie BT Bpx Pro or T4000 , T2100 etc.

Is your package the (BT TV Now) Entertainment  package or one of the very old legacy BT TV Entertainment package ?

Also do you have any recordings from any of the missing channels on your box . If so what happens if you  try to play one ?

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 5

Go to solution

Hi, thanks for the response.

Yes, I've tried a soft reset of the TV box. The box is a BT TV Box Pro.

I've only just had full fibre installed two days ago. I tried using the aerial initially on the tv box but had pixelation issues so had to do a factory reset and switch to internet streaming.

Yes, the package is Now Entertainment with Netflix. I don't have any recordings so far. Like I said, I've only had it a couple of days. I did experience a large lag spike in the internet earlier in the evening and my computer disconnected from the internet momentarily. I'm not sure if that has anything to do with it since I stream the channels via the internet rather than an aerial.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 5

Go to solution

Hi @Myrmidon ,

Thanks for clarifying. 

If you can watch  currently  AMC  successfully  then that would  confirm  yhat the box is able to receive  the multicast streams.   (If AMC is off air then either the Amazon prime or Netflix barker channels in the 330s range can be checked).

In that case I would  first try a check for  software update thru the settings menu to see if that pulls in the missing  channels

•  if not  i would suggest a factory  reset and go thru  the setup process once again to see if it picks up the full range of your channels again. 
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 5

Go to solution

It seems all the channels have returned over night, so I'm assuming it was BT doing some kind of maintenance work. I did read that as a new customer BT spend 10 days adjusting things, so maybe it was something to do with that. I just hope it doesn't happen again.