cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 6

ITV Hub not working on DTR-T2110

Go to solution

Our BT YouView box is refusing to play content from ITV Hub. It displays the splash, sometimes displays ads, but never starts playing the actual content. In all cases it just exits back to the YouView overlay.

I'm aware there are some models that have already, or are about be obsoleted due to changes to the copy protection used by ITV Hub. So far as I can see the DTR-T2110 is not listed as one of them.

Have done the usual of removing all power of the box and waiting a while. Main box Software is up to date. Trying to check for app updates fails, telling you to visit support.youview.com.

Any ideas?

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Re: ITV Hub not working on DTR-T2110

Go to solution

Another user has posted recent problems on an old thread.

Response I gave to them was

Your issue may be due to ITV Hub own servers and stream distribution or possible some issue with the ITV Hub data on your box.. Youview doesn’t provide the flexibility to manage the installation or reinstallation of individual apps such as ITV Hub. They do provide maintenance mode resets that do reset all the apps requiring you to  go thru the various logon processes again. A maintenance mode 2 which designed to  preserve your existing recordings should be sufficient.

Youview guide on maintenance mode 

https://support.youview.com/youview-box/box-and-remote/using-maintenance-mode/

Bt  current guide

https://www.bt.com/help/tv/fix-a-problem/tv-boxes/how-do-i-reset-my-bt-tv-box-

Message 3 of 6

Go to solution

Thanks Zulu,

I actually saw this same response posted to another thread *after* I posted my question, and already did the factory reset (keeping recordings). This worked for me, and can view ITV Hub now... At least until the next cull of devices.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 6

Go to solution

Hello,

In this thread someone said "models that have already, or are about be obsoleted due to changes to the copy protection used by ITV Hub"

Please would you tell me if the DTRT2100 should work fine with the ITV Hub?
I am having problems with seeing bits of adverts as if they are being skipped through, and the connection dropping back to the OneView box menus.  When reconnecting to the programme on ITV Hub, the same isse can happen again, and sometimes there is no sound.  Programmes affected include Professor T and The Pembrokeshire Murders.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 6

Go to solution

That sounds pretty much identical to the issues we were seeing. Have you tried the instructions by Zulu? As far as I'm aware the DTR-T2110 isn't scheduled for obsolescence yet. I don't recall seeing anything about the 2100 either.

ITV have a page (can I post links here?) that details which devices stop working at the end of this month (Sep.):
https://help.itv.com/hc/en-us/articles/8143424649105-Received-a-pop-up-on-your-device-Read-more-here...

In November ITV Hub is supposed to be replaced by a complete rewrite called ITV X. Whether all devices will work smoothly with this new service is still an unknown.

Hope that helps.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 6

Go to solution

Thanks,
I did a reset without deleting recordings, and the software was updated as part of that process; initially it looked like the problem was fixed, but then it returned.

Hopefully, ITV X will fix the problem.

I have just found this quote online, describing ITVX as 'first integrated advertising and subscription (AVOD/ SVOD) platform'.  Hopefully, the adverts will be integrated in a way that prevents the current issues from happening.