cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 6

BT TV PRO - UNIFI UDM PRO

Afternoon all

BT TV Pro arrived this morning looking forward to using the VIP package and connected it to wired connection - at which point getting IPC6023 errors for every channel requiring broadband.

My network is a UNIFI UDM Pro - distributing Ethernet through a Unifi 24 Port Switch and WIFI through nano-HD Access Points.   I have turned off the WIFI from the BT Smart Hub as have been managing through the UDM Pro.

So I've read this is linked to third party route / multicast issues, and I've tried the following so far - with no success

- Network - enabled Multi DNS and IGMP Snooping

- Wireless Connection - I've setup a new connection, with Multicast Enhancement and Multicast / Broadcast Control on.

Neither are working and frustratingly none working.

Anyone come up with solutions to something similar - otherwise this could be an immediate return unfortunately.

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Re: BT TV PRO - UNIFI UDM PRO

Assuming you are on FTTP, try power cycling the ONT (don't forget to disconnect any battery backup first).

If that makes no difference then the simplest test would be to restore the BT hub and connect the TV box directly to that via ethernet, if that works OK then the problem is with your existing kit.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 6

Unfortunately not FTTP - I wish... praying to the Fibre gods.

BT Hub -> BT TV Pro direct connection via Patch Panel / CAT6 works fine.

Definitely a problem in the way Unifi handles multicast traffic through the UDM Pro, which was where I was coming from.  Much googling over the weekend, which is not hugely promising... but at least can get access to the channels now, just not through my preferred setup for traffic management...  Unifi support here we come.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 6

Hi mate, did you get anywhere with getting this to work

I am a complete beginner 

I have set up the internet okay but cannot get the tv to work at all with the UDM-Pro SE

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 6

I mentioned my approach here Re: BT TV Pro Wifi with no smarthub - BT Community

The detail is in my Reddit post here: (2) BT TV Pro, HH with Halo 3+ and UDM Pro : Ubiquiti (reddit.com)

Its all working now but I have to use the BT Home Hub (HH) as the initial gateway from the ONT, I've set it to use a different 172 .x.x.x address range, disabled DHCP on the HH, ethernet connected the BT TV Pro directly to the HH with a  static 172.x.x.x IP address.  HH then connects to the UDMPro via the Internet port - UDMPro uses a 192.x.x.x range then manages everything else.

Traffic management and reports all works via UDMPro

Prior to doing this and using BT TV into UDMPro I got virtually everything working except direct streaming from TV Guide and certain streams (i.e. BT TV Sport channels).  They all got the IPC6023 errors; moving to using the HH eliminated those. 

Hope that helps

Tony

Message 6 of 6

@wise1 / Tony

Thanks for that - going to try it out and will report back how I get on.

Simon