cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

BT TV Pro Box - Can you set the box to respond to Bluetooth only?

I have a BT TV Pro box and I also use a Freesat 4K box.  The problem is, both the BT and freesat remotes control both boxes.  I want to use my harmony remote to control everything but this is not possible due to BT and freesat using the same IR codes.

My thinking is that if I can set the BT box to only respond to the bluetooth commands (ie turn of it responding to IR) then at least it will solve the conflict between my 2 STBs.  I inderstand I will have to still use the BT remote alongside my Harmony but that is better than the 2 remotes/boxes interfering with each other.

Is there a way to set the BT TV Pro to respond to bluetooth only?

PS I have tried the Home + 9 and Home + 7 options but the box still responds to my Freesat remote.  I have also tried finding out where the IR receiver is on the box but wherever I cover up the box still seems to respond to my freesat remote!

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: BT TV Pro Box - Can you set the box to respond to Bluetooth only?

You may be able to set the FreeSat box to a different code set. Have a look here.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 5

Thanks for the quick reply, unfortunately the Arris Freesat 4k box does not seem to respond to that button combination.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 5

Then I don't see a solution. The BT Pro doesn't exist within the Harmony database, so even if you have the Harmony Hub, there's no way to control it by bluetooth. So you're then left with having to use two remotes.

I seem to recall the IR receiver on the Pro Box is around half way between the centre & right hand side. So with a bit of trial & error you should be able to block it. But you may also need to clock the IR transmitter on the remote to prevent it interfering with the FreeSat box.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 5

Yeah, I could stop the BT remote from transmitting by taping over the IR emitter.  I know the BT Pro isn't on the Harmony list but that is not the end of the world.  I just need to stop the BT box from responding to the Freesat remote.  

I have tried covering all parts of the BT Pro and unless I completely block off the box, it detects the signal from the Freesat remote.

0 Ratings