cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 7

BT TV Pro Picture Breaking Up Internet Mode

Hi, new to BT TV and have been really happy. However the box has started breaking up, distorting, and generally not working and it's become quite frustrating.

I've done a factory reset which seemed to settle it down for a while but it's happening again now.

Ive got the main box connected to the internet via BT Wi-Fi hub because the box doesn't sit anywhere near the hub to connect via cable but from what I'm told this should work anyway?

Anyone got any ideas what's going on and how I can fix this?

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Re: BT TV Pro Picture Breaking Up Internet Mode

It sound like an Internet issue.

What is you contracted download speed and what are you actually getting?

Also, is it all channels or just some?

---------------------------------------------------------------
Fibre 2 Unlimited using EE Smart Hub 2 with EE TV Box Pro (UHD/HDR) in IP mode.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 7

Ok so it's all channels. I signed upto 900mb internet and am getting around 750-800 last time I checked.

Thanks

Paul
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 7

@paulmanalishi I know you say the box and hub are some distance away, but can you run an ethernet cable for a short while just to see if you still have the issue? Or do you have any powerline adapters?

It will help narrow things down to a line issue or internal WiFi. 

————————————————————-
BT Smart Hub 2 | Halo 3+ | Digital Voice | Sky Q | Apple TV 4K | LG OLED
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 7

I've got power line adapters but I've read they cause more issues than they solve? I can try though.

I forgot to say the issue is intermittent. Right now everything is working but all of a sudden it goes bonkers. Possible Wi-Fi interference? Would there be any advantage of running the TV boxes on a different bandwidth from other devices if the BT Hub allows?
0 Ratings
Message 6 of 7

Try using a WiFi channel analyser app on your phone and change the WiFi channel in the router settings, if the channel your router is on is currently congested with other routers in your street.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 7

I have exactly the same problem. Had BT TV for nearly a year, initially no problem then I started getting exactly the problem you describe. Long story short - after several phone calls, 7 factory resets, one visit from an engineer (who found no problems with the box) they gave me a new box 2 months ago. All fine until now then I’ve done 3 factory resets in the last 2 days. 
the picture becomes unwatchable - extremely frustrating and if it continues I’m going back to Sky. 
I’ve taken several videos of the problem so I can provide evidence. 
so sorry - I can’t offer a solution - neither could BT.

0 Ratings