cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

BT TV box stopped working suddenly

Literally just this evening my BT TV box has just stopped working. I initially found it displaying only a red light on the left-hand side and now, when I turn it on, only the blue light on the left lights up and I'm getting a blank screen. I really don't want to lose my recordings. Is there anywhere - official or otherwise - where I can get it repaired?

I tried resetting it and nothing happened (apart from the single blue light as before - knowing what it even means would be handy but I see you've got rid of that service). I'm really upset about this, considering it was working fine less than a day ago.

Tags (1)
0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: BT TV box stopped working suddenly

Hi @CHelfet01, welcome to the forum and sorry your TV Box is not working.

You could try a soft reset (keeping your recordings) How do I reset my BT TV box? | BT Help. If that doesn't work then you would need to factory reset the box and you would lose your recordings. 

Thanks

John

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 5

I already tried the soft reset - I think I might have tried both. Is there no way at all I can recover the recordings? Replacing the set is no big deal

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 5

Unfortunately not. If it's one of the older HD boxes, it's more than likely a hard drive failure.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 5

@CHelfet01  The user guides normally have the description of what the various lights  and colour s mean

https://www.bt.com/help/tv/getting-set-up/bt-tv-user-guides

0 Ratings