cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4

BT TV pro box crashing

Hello, we upgraded to the bt pro box about a month ago from the 4K box and to say it’s not brilliant is an understatement.

the box freezes and won’t start unless it’s power cycled. Fast forwarding and rewinding is touch and go whether it will crash the box.. feels like an ssd fault on the box.

It has been factory reset twice which restores service for a short period of time but it’s far from ideal.

customer service couldn’t care less, we got told they’re expensive and our only route to replace is via an engineer. The issue to that is the day the engineer attends you can guarantee it will work and we’ll get no fault found and back to square one.

Can anyone on here assist please before I’m tempted to package up the box and post it back.

thanks in advance

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Re: BT TV pro box crashing

Your unlucky with your box, as I have just had one that I installed myself and it is working well (touch wood)

If you are within the cooling off period, you have the upper hand and if the box is faulty they should replace it.

Hopefully a moderator replies soon.

You could also send BT a DM on Twitter 

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 4

Hi @Annafran,

Have you booked an appointment or did you refuse the visit?
When the engineer comes they will check the BT Prox box and everything else. They can suggest that we replace it free of charge.

Thanks
DanielS 

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 4

Hi @Annafran and thanks for posting.

Did your engineer arrive? Were they able to get this sorted for you? Can you post back and let us know how things are going with the ProBox?

Cheers

David

0 Ratings