cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 6

BT YouView Set Top Box

I've had my YouView box for some time, but just recently it has started telling me the Broadband Connection has been restored when it hasn't been down.

So, the help, does anyone know the Server Name (or IP Address) from which the box picks up the images that are displayed on the recordings?

Many thanks.

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Re: BT YouView Set Top Box

I can't help, technically, but just to comment that I often get this too and it is very annoying as it messes up recordings and , usually, requires a complete re-start of the box.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 6

@cideaton 

AAMOI, what would you do different if you knew that IP address?

*** Longtime YouView box owner, BT Broadband customer, but never a BT TV subscriber ***
Message 4 of 6

I've been asked to run a trace route to the source when the problem arises in order to see where the problem resides.

Apparently my router shows it last rebooted about two weeks ago, but I'm getting the message almost daily.

I suspect it is linked to Microsoft trying to force me to use One Drive instead of storing things locally; i.e. it's using the bandwidth for backup/synching and causing other processes to fail.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 6

The suggestion to me was that it is probably due to the fact I use powerline adapters.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 6

I was asked the same question, but mine is a direct connection - I know that because I crawled through the floor void to run the cable from the box to the Hub.

0 Ratings