cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 6

BT - Your View Box

Go to solution

Can I still use by Your View box to record if I cancel my Entertainment package with BT.

BT said if I cancelled I would lose the ability to record etc to keep this function I would need to pay £10 a month.

Thanks.

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Re: BT - Your View Box

Go to solution

You can still record the Freeview channels for free.

At times BT customer service don't know what they are talking about. I just depends who you get on the other end. 
Never heard anything about you would have to pay £10 to keep the record function. This is a new one to me.

If your got your Youview box after 19th December 2019 you will have to send the box back to BT.

Message 3 of 6

Go to solution

Just to be clear it's on or after 13/12/2019 not 19/12/2019. And you can keep the box after that date if you're prepared to pay the charge they'll make. Could be worth it!

Never heard of that £10 charge before either other than years ago with Sky boxes.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 6

Go to solution

I wonder if £10 is what BT are planning to charge for Freeview over IP for non-subscribers once it's released?

But as @ney says, there does seem to be a considerable number of reps who apparently spent their training session gazing out of the window or playing with their phones... 🙄

@TimCurtis

All of the BT boxes are cheaper from CEX with warranty than what BT want to charge for non-return.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 6

Go to solution

@rbz5416 

Never knew  CEX was selling the new BT Pro box may go and have a look next time I up town at my local CEX shop.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 6

Go to solution

@ney 

Don't know what local stock is like but they're available from their site with free delivery.