cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4

BT billing me for Netflix - no subscription

Go to solution

Hi, BT are billing me for Netflix basic. I already have Netflix, through my own subscription for a number of years and pay them separately every month.

When I look at my BT/EE TV services, it does not show Netflix as subscribed, nor does it show on www.bt.com/bttv/netflix  - it in fact says that "You need to subscribe to Netflix with BT TV before you can activate a Netflix account." So, hence I cannot cancel this charge.

My bill shows the opposite, and lists:

• NOW Entertainment Membership (RRP £9.99)               <- This is correct
  • discovery+ Basic (RRP £3.99)                <- This is correct
  • Netflix Basic (RRP £7.99)                <- This is NOT correct

It looks like BT have been charging me this £7.99 for the last few months for a service that I didn't request, and I'm obviously not very happy about this. I have checked with Netflix, they say that my current subscription is not being paid in anyway by BT.

Can someone advise me here please?

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Re: BT billing me for Netflix - no subscription

Go to solution

You'll not be getting charged 7.99 a month for it, that's the RRP but it'll be bundled intom your tv package so options will be a bit limited about removing it but to re-iterate it won't take 7.99 off the bill

When you setup the tv with BT you must have gave a different email address to the one with netflix as otherwise you'd have got an email & it'd have been moved to BT, you'd also have got an email from BT to activate netflix too at the time

Message 3 of 4

Go to solution

Hi @mrj1985  Netflix Basic is included  in the must common EETV Entertainment . So I suspect  your bill is simply listing the components of your TV pack  along with the RRP of those items. So I don't  think you have  a £7.99 addon for Netflix  but rather you have a TV pack that includes that basic Netflix. 

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 4

Go to solution
As @garybs29 has said - that's just referring to the Netflix subscription that is included with your TV package as standard.
You could probably save some money by moving your current Netflix subscription into your BT account - you definitely couldn't lose any money. Worst case, it'll be the same price.
The only exception to this is if you're using the "Extra Member" option on Netflix to add other households onto your account. This isn't compatible with partner bundled Netflix accounts. If you're not using this then give the helpdesk a call and ask them to update your Netflix email address to the one you're already using on your other account.
0 Ratings