cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 6

BT extra Box

Go to solution

I have recently got the mini box for £10 per month which works out at £120 per year. However, I see you can buy these for less than £30 from Amazon and that works out considerably cheaper.

Is there any reason why I shouldn't buy one and return the BT one?

Also, as I have full fibre 900 and I connect the box using an ethernet cable, is there any good reason why I shouldn't buy a Pro box and use that instead instead of the mini? Having the ability to record using the second box is a big plus for me.

I don't use a tv aerial.

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Re: BT extra Box

Go to solution

You have to pay the £10 per month to enable receiving the channels via the internet @Takahashi .

They basically give you the box so you can receive them. No subscription, no channels.

You can put the mini box to one side and buy a second hand Pro Box if you prefer, but the £10 per month still applies.

See this thread.

————————————————————-
BT Smart Hub 2 | Halo 3+ | Digital Voice | Sky Q | Apple TV 4K | LG OLED
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 6

Go to solution

Just bear in mind that BT are the only legitimate source of the Pro Box as they are supplied on loan and subject to return when the contract is cancelled/expired, therefore buying a second hand Pro box means that the seller has no right to be selling it to start with

Message 4 of 6

Go to solution

OK, understood - I thought there might be a catch. Thanks.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 6

Go to solution

I wonder if it might be possible to convince BT to let me have another Pro box as my download speeds are very good. I'll try that route first. If they refuse then I'll have no qualms obtaining a Pro box elsewhere - on the assumption BT won't know if I have a mini or Pro as a secondary.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 6

Go to solution

They won’t give you another Pro Box currently @Takahashi , this has been discussed previously as has the higher bandwidth those with FTTP have compared to a FTTC customer.

BT have confirmed that whilst it will be kept under review, it’s 2 boxes max on a connection and they will only provide (because you do not buy boxes, they are loaned), one Pro Box and one Mini.

If you want two Pro Boxes, you have to buy the Extra Box service and order a Pro Box elsewhere to swap with it. All of the legalities are covered in the other thread I linked to earlier.

————————————————————-
BT Smart Hub 2 | Halo 3+ | Digital Voice | Sky Q | Apple TV 4K | LG OLED