cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 7

Re: IPC6023 error with new FTTP install

Hi,

I am new to this forum and also a new BT TV user and am having this same issue, had a new FTTP install done a couple of weeks ago, just managed to install new BT TV Pro box, I get the IPC6023 error on any HD channels. BT sport 1 on 408 works fine however BT Sport 1 HD on 430 throws up the IPC6023 error as do any of the other HD channels. This is happening to all NOW channels too. 

To add I have tried all of the suggestions on this forum, none of them work. All speed check are great 950MBs down and 110 MBs up at the router, laptop on WiFi gets 350mbs Down and 70mbs up, I have tried the BT TV box on both wifi and hard wired straight to the Smart Hub 2, but no joy...

Some additional information, I have a second BT Fibre 2 broadband connection to my house, this is due to be cancelled on 7th July as I now have the Full fibre Halo 3 FTTP. If I connect the BT TV box to the old Fibre 2 broadband everything works!, so my conclusion is that there is an issue with the FTTP install, may be the multicast that every one mentions here needs to be enabled back at the exchange?.

Help to fix this would be appreciated, I am switching from SKY to BT and do need this fixed before I cancel my sky subscription.

Many Thanks in advance.

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Hi, @soora welcome to the community and thanks for posting, has the TV order for your new FTTP installation been completed or is that reliant on the TV service on your Fibre 2 line stopping first?

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 7

Hi @NeilO , thanks for the speedy response, the FTTP and TV service are a completely new install and have been completed, not reliant on Fibre 2 being cancelled.

To explain further, my son works for BT ( and lives with me) and we had to take out a brand new install of Broadband and TV package for the colleague benefits as he was unable to gift.

The Fibre 2 is a under a different account number so completely unrelated.

Hope this helps.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 7

Hi @soora, thanks for posting back. I notice you've mentioned you've followed all the advice you could find on the forum. Would you confirm that you followed the below steps and if not give it a try and let me know how you get on.

First, power cycle the ONT. 
Then restart your Hub.

Wait for the broadband light on your Hub to go blue.

Restart your TV box, using the power switch on the back.

Now check if you still receive the error. 

Cheers

John

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 7

Thanks @JohnC2 , can confirm that I have followed the suggested instructions below already, however for sanity check have gone through the process again just now, unfortunately still same result of error IPC6023.

There is no power switch on the back of the BT TV Pro box so I just turned it off at the wall socket.

Thanks

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 7

Hi @soora, thanks for trying that for me and sorry it hasn't helped. I've sent you a Private Message so you can get in touch with the Mod team for help getting this fixed.

Cheers

John

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 7

Hi @JohnC2

Just wanted to let you know that the problem seems to have been resolved, I now have access to all the HD channels.

Many thanks for your assistance.

0 Ratings