cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 6

BT pro box freezing

Go to solution

Am having an absolute nightmare with a BT pro box. Since we too delivery of it, it continually freezes and requires rebooting on most days. BT hit a new low today as the engineer appointment they cancelled at the last minute last Monday and rebooked for this morning was apparently never booked., despite confirming it via email. So discovering there are actually two 7 o'clock in a day was a waste of time. Latest date for an engineer is now next Wednesday. To add insult to injury, when I tried to complain, I was cut off, and the complaint was shut down instantly.

Just want to know if others have had any or all of the above issues? And how were they resolved

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Re: BT pro box freezing

Go to solution

Plenty of people will have had similar issues sadly, but if we focus on the box, I suspect the only permanent fix will be a swap unless it is a connection problem in the home.

How is the box connected to the hub? If it isn’t hardwired, can it be, even just to test reliability?

Is the box up to date? Have you restarted your hub since getting BT TV? Have you tried a hard reset on the box?

————————————————————-
BT Smart Hub 2 | Halo 3+ | Digital Voice | Sky Q | Apple TV 4K | LG OLED
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 6

Go to solution
Yes to all of the above. Cable from hub to box, updated both automatically and via tech help and have factory reset twice in the last week. Last remote factory reset last week last
End one whole day before it froze again. For the record never had this issue with the older boxes, just this pro one
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 6

Go to solution

Fair enough, you probably need a new box then, hopefully one of the forum mods will see your plight and reach out to get you sorted. 👍

Can any of you assist @PaddyB@DavidM or @DanielS ?

————————————————————-
BT Smart Hub 2 | Halo 3+ | Digital Voice | Sky Q | Apple TV 4K | LG OLED
Message 5 of 6

Go to solution

Hi @janda,

Thanks for replying to @stereohaven about your BT TV Pro box.

We can certainly look into this for you and do our best to help you. We will also only close the complaint when we have agreed with you.

I'll send you a private message now. Just note, it can take us 1-2 working days to get back to you at present.

Also, thanks for flagging this to me @stereohaven 

Thank you

DanielS

Message 6 of 6

Go to solution

Thanks for sending over the details and for taking my calls @janda .

I'm really glad the engineer was able to sort this for you. Please get in touch if there are any other problems.

Cheers

David