cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 38

BT remote not connecting to TCL tv

Go to solution

Hello, I’ve just relocated my Bt TV box to a new (but 4 year old) TV. It’s a TCL 32ES568. 

The remote instructions suggest code 3285 for TCL tvs so I followed the guide to reprogram the remote. Pressed TV / TV AV until blue lights flash… put in code… waited for 3 flashes… then try TV button ( held for several mins!) and also Ok when that not worked.

I’ve followed the reset instructions for the remote when the above didn’t work. Spoke with support who suggested a button on remote not working so sent a new remote. Followed the above instructions again on new remote and still not working with the TV.

Are there other codes to try or any guidance? I have googled and tried around 20 other 4 digit codes either on tcl help forums or other av forums. I could try 9999 combinations but I’d prefer to be watching the TV 🤓 

the only other thing I can think of is that I mislaid the IR blaster extension that used to be in the back of the BT box - are they needed?

Tags (2)
37 REPLIES 37
Message 2 of 38

Re: BT remote not connecting to TCL tv

Go to solution

@MW-user-MW 

Try the codes for Vestel and Cello, as these companies make a lot of TVs that get rebadged.

I’ve never had an IR blaster supplied with any of the YouView boxes I have owned, nor ever needed one.

The usual use for them is to redirect the IR if you can’t get line of sight to the TV’s IR sensor (Sony used to mount this sensor so low that almost any soundbar would obstruct it, and maybe a YouView box could also).

But as long as you have line of sight to the sensor on the TCL - which you can check with the TCL’s own remote - I don’t think not having a blaster is the issue here.

—————————————————————————————————————
*** Longtime YouView box owner, BT Broadband customer, finally an EE TV subscriber ***
Message 3 of 38

Go to solution

Thanks @Midnight_Voice ,

re IR blaster - it was a Sony TV 👍 

I've also tried those 2 codes too but unfortunately neither worked.

thanks again

Message 4 of 38

Go to solution

May want to try a OneForAll remote, they have quite crazy support for TV's, PVR's...etc etc

But it off that giant website that sells everything and if it doesnt work send it back.

I couldnt get the EETV Pro Box Remote to do what I required so 10 quid on a OneForAll was a no brainer.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
BT900 | Nokia ONT | Ubiquiti ER-X | EETV Box Pro (IP Mode) | Unifi CK2 | 6x Unifi U6+ | 2x Unifi SAK Ultra
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 38

Go to solution

@naylor2006 , great suggestion thanks.

Will give a go and as you say it can always be returned.

Message 6 of 38

Go to solution

I got myself a URC1240, its like 12 quid.

Itll probably do the job mate, and it works on the new EETV Box Pro also via IR.

Solved: BT/EE TV Box Pro - Controlling Volume of AVR whils... - BT Community

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
BT900 | Nokia ONT | Ubiquiti ER-X | EETV Box Pro (IP Mode) | Unifi CK2 | 6x Unifi U6+ | 2x Unifi SAK Ultra
0 Ratings
Message 7 of 38

Go to solution

Exact one I’ve just put into my cart 👍 

Message 8 of 38

Go to solution

Let us know how you get on!

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 38

Go to solution

Hi @naylor2006 ,

got remote earlier and have now dispensed of 3 separate ones 👍. Even managed to config vol buttons to tv for each device. Only niggle now is turning off bt box and tv keeps on so have to toggle to tv for power off (not end of world as better than having two remotes to do the same). I have setup tcl tv to turn off hdmi but that doesn’t work either.

qq the new remote has 4 device buttons on it but what is the TV button for bottom right?

thanks for suggestion to get allinone - I might even get one for my primary tv and ee box 

Message 10 of 38

Go to solution

I have no idea what that TV button does 😂...the remote has to cater for so many different devices, it might only be relevant to another device.

Yeah its a decent remote for the money and yes locking the volume controls to one device is a key feature, in fact the main reason I went for it. The stock remote wont control the volume on my AVR when the EETV box is in surround sound mode, kinda annoying. But with this OneForAll configured for the EETV box and volume controls locked to my AVR then that issue is solved.

Turning off the EETV Pro box doesnt turn off my TV either, not 100% sure it can but its not huge deal, you can still do that from one remote.

You can probably mark this post as solved now, its a great remote for 12 quid.

0 Ratings