cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 38

Re: BT remote not connecting to TCL tv

Go to solution

Are you holding down the power button for a couple of secs, which should switch off both the pro box and the tv (a quick tap will just switch off the pro box)

The TV Button bottom right brings up the Search function on the Pro Box for me

0 Ratings
Message 12 of 38

Go to solution

Hi @GarethPrice , thanks for picking up on the thread.

I’ve tried holding the off down for several seconds but does not work (and variations). This isn’t the bt tv box pro just the standard bt tv. 

0 Ratings
Message 13 of 38

Go to solution

My apologies @MW-user-MW , its been a few weeks since I last used the URC1240 remote, which I use with the tv in another room. Yes, you have to switch to the button on it which you have programmed to the tv to switch off the tv, and the button programmed for the bt box to switch that off. As @naylor2006 says, its much better than juggling two separate remotes. This is with a Cello TV. In the lounge my Panasonic switches off with the bt remote (and incidentally also with the Fire TV Cube remote)

0 Ratings
Message 14 of 38

Go to solution

No problem @GarethPrice , I’d prefer attempts to resolve rather than a quiet thread…

Like you this is my second tv which I’ve paired up with my old bt tv box while I watch all the programs we had recorded. My main system now has the new EE pro box which comes with the Bluetooth remote and I must say limited button controls. While I prefer the smaller remote I do miss the dedicated skip 60 seconds button and delete button (I’ve already unintentionally deleted a few recordings!). 
Now I’ve tried this universal remote I’m on the hunt for another now that will cover the Bluetooth and IR functions required for my EE pro, Sony tv, Yamaha soundbar and Samsung Blu-ray.  One remote to rule them all!

Any suggestions would be appreciated 😁

0 Ratings
Message 15 of 38

Go to solution

Let me know if you find a bluetooth one, I didnt look all that hard knowing the IR would be fine. But I was interested in a proper BT remote for the EETV Pro box whilst that same remote also have IR so I could lock the volume controls to my AVR.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
BT900 | Nokia ONT | Ubiquiti ER-X | EETV Box Pro (IP Mode) | Unifi CK2 | 6x Unifi U6+ | 2x Unifi SAK Ultra
0 Ratings
Message 16 of 38

Go to solution

@MW-user-MW  If you dont’t already know, the older style Infra Red(IR) remote for the earlier BT boxes works just as well with the Pro box. You don’t have to use the Bluetooth one….

0 Ratings
Message 17 of 38

Go to solution

Now I have a spare remote I’ll give that a go @GarethPrice . It’ll also mean I can use this same URC to control them all 👍. Does anyone have the skip 60s button set on a URC remote? Maybe one for me to have a play with…

0 Ratings
Message 18 of 38

Go to solution

@MW-user-MW  I’m using the URC remote with an EE mini box, not with the Pro box, so can’t check on recordings, but can confirm that the fast forward/back buttons (the double ‘arrowhead’) advances YouTube by the usual 10 secs, so expect using them will activate the skip forward/back on the Pro box recordings. @naylor2006 may be able to confirm this?

0 Ratings
Message 19 of 38

Go to solution

I’ve programmed the yellow (skip back 15s) and blue (skip forward 60s) and working good on old bt tv box. Gonna take home and try on ee pro box before lavishing out another £10 😬

these remotes are great how you can program individual keys too…

@GarethPrice and @naylor2006 

Message 20 of 38

Go to solution

@MW-user-MW yeah, didnt occur to me to mention, but yeah you can learn signals from the original remote and program them to any button.

I once did this to use a OneForAll to control my Windows based Media Centre, I bought the Windows Media Centre remote then went through every single button learning them one by one, was worth it.

WRT to the skipping forward and back, ive had a very long day, but I will check this for you another day and post back.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
BT900 | Nokia ONT | Ubiquiti ER-X | EETV Box Pro (IP Mode) | Unifi CK2 | 6x Unifi U6+ | 2x Unifi SAK Ultra
0 Ratings