cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 21 of 38

Re: BT remote not connecting to TCL tv

Go to solution

@GarethPrice & @MW-user-MW 

So I did some messing around briefly with the Remotes, the EETV Pro Box Remote and the OneForAll URC 1240.

Should add before I go on, I dont use the EETV box for any apps whatsoever, the ATV is the primary device on both my tele's so I cant test those features.

Neither remote, EETV or URC1240 will skip recorded TV forward or back in seconds, in fact the << and >> buttons just rewind or fast forward in increasing increments and the left and right buttons around 'Select' do exactly the same. So the feature isnt even there on the stock bluetooth remove.

There is something that seems like auto chapters, IE you can press the numbers 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9 and this will I assume skip to 10 minutes, 20 minutes, 30 minutes etc, then pressing 1 will take you back to 10 Minutes. I dont know the increments exactly but it works like chapters.

That TV button in the bottom right of the URC brings up the 'Search' function.

Does this clear it up?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
BT900 | Nokia ONT | Ubiquiti ER-X | EETV Box Pro (IP Mode) | Unifi CK2 | 6x Unifi U6+ | 2x Unifi SAK Ultra
0 Ratings
Message 22 of 38

Go to solution

@naylor2006 @MW-user-MW @Midnight_Voice  On the IR  remote, with the Pro box (and if i remember correctly) previous boxes, the double arrowhead with a vertical bar takes you forward by 60 secs and back by 10 secs. I only used the Bluetooth remote on my Pro box for a day, put it in a drawer and have used the IR remote all the time since (apart from anything else the balance in the hand is much preferable and with the full selection of buttons)

Jumping forward by increments of 10% using the number pad also is the same with the IR remote. This wasn’t implemented at the start iirc of bttv but was added at a later date

0 Ratings
Message 23 of 38

Go to solution

Forgive me, which IR remote are you using to do that? An older one with a new box?

This skip 10 seconds on a recorded TV show from the EPG is not available on the BT remote on the EETV Box Pro, this was the very check I was carrying out. 😕

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
BT900 | Nokia ONT | Ubiquiti ER-X | EETV Box Pro (IP Mode) | Unifi CK2 | 6x Unifi U6+ | 2x Unifi SAK Ultra
0 Ratings
Message 24 of 38

Go to solution

@naylor2006  The top one here. Being used with the current BTTV Pro box.The fact that the current Bluetooth remote wasn't able to do this was probably also one of the reasons why it got put in the drawer now I come to think about it

Note: Some of these remotes came with the colour BT logo and the YouView Logo at the bottom and some came with just a circle with BT inside it. Also the Blue Home Button differed slightly with the embedded image (YouView Logo/Image of a house). Both remotes were otherwise identical, in both buttons and operation. The bottom remote here was the  first remote supplied with earlier boxes.  I can’t remember if I had one of those, and don’t know if they had the skip ahead/back function (but suspect they may have).

0 Ratings
Message 25 of 38

Go to solution

Ahh you do indeed have more buttons!

I would probably learn these additional ones to the URC then if I had to.

0 Ratings
Message 26 of 38

Go to solution

I would probably learn these additional ones to the URC then if I had to”

If you look back to post no. 19 @naylor2006  you’ll find that @MW-user-MW has already done that successfully 😊 (He did this on an previous BT box, but he will have found it will work just the same on the current EETV Pro boxes (they are identical to the BTTV badged Pro boxes)

0 Ratings
Message 27 of 38

Go to solution

ahhh its all coming together now, that feature was a mystery to me at the time of reading that post so it passed me by.

0 Ratings
Message 28 of 38

Go to solution

Hi @naylor2006 & @GarethPrice 

my new remote is going home today to test on new ee pro box. Will keep you posted…

also skip 60s forward, 15s backwards are programmed onto blue / yellow keys and work great. Will also test that as that was most annoying lose in new ee remote. 

0 Ratings
Message 29 of 38

Go to solution

Kinda weird that whilst a box has the ability to do something....the remote does not.

0 Ratings
Message 30 of 38

Go to solution

Hi @naylor2006 & @GarethPrice 

quick test of URC on new ee pro box works with the BT TV urc code 4031 which also works on the old bt box. Only thing seems to be the long power press to turn off the pro box and tv, mind I’ve not setup this tv on the urc. Test included the programmed 60s ff and 15s rewind and a dedicated delete button - all worked fine. I have another URC turning up tomorrow so I can fully setup.

the old bt remote also works on the new ee pro box which is a bonus. Even the buttons missing on the new ee pro remote. Mind with the URC coming I’ll be able to dispense of 4 remotes. Think the only thing I’ll not be able to do would be on tv is to utilise voice commands on YouTube… not a biggy 😁