cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 31 of 38

Re: BT remote not connecting to TCL tv

Go to solution

Yeah I tried the long turn off earlier, didnt work, but not a huge deal I dont think, dispensing of remotes I imagine for you is the bonus!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
BT900 | Nokia ONT | Ubiquiti ER-X | EETV Box Pro (IP Mode) | Unifi CK2 | 6x Unifi U6+ | 2x Unifi SAK Ultra
Message 32 of 38

Go to solution

@naylor2006 

said: “Kinda weird that whilst a box has the ability to do something....the remote does not.”

‘Twas ever thus. Right from day 1, the 2012 YouView box supported the DIKS_F2 to DIKS_F5 codes, including useful features like shortcuts to On Demand, and Recordings, which the remote couldn’t do, but could be added to programmable remotes.

—————————————————————————————————————
*** Longtime YouView box owner, BT Broadband customer, finally an EE TV subscriber ***
0 Ratings
Message 33 of 38

Go to solution

@MW-user-MW @naylor2006 @GarethPrice 

Just got my Box Pro, and watching the introductory video, it describes long press on right arrow to jump forward one minute, and long press on left arrow to go back ten seconds.

Doesn’t work everywhere (what does?) but certainly works on recordings.

*** Longtime YouView box owner, BT Broadband customer, finally an EE TV subscriber ***
0 Ratings
Message 34 of 38

Go to solution

Hi @Midnight_Voice 

i find with that method it skips too fast for me and i jump 5-6 mins. Before it was a press of the skip button 4 times - straight past adverts and into the next program section.

ive programmed my URC blue button to skip 60s and yellow back 15s so all good 

just waiting for well known home delivery store to send me a new remote home! Just been advised 2 day delay 😳

@naylor2006 & @GarethPrice 

0 Ratings
Message 35 of 38

Go to solution

@Midnight_Voice 

Welcome to the Pro box users MV 👏

Is that with the Bluetooth remote that comes with the Pro box? 

0 Ratings
Message 36 of 38

Go to solution

@GarethPrice 

It is indeed. But I have a more traditional remote, one that does, as the Box Pro remote proudly says, let you use the number buttons as letter keys.

But actually shows the letters, so you don’t have to remember, guess or use a crib sheet, as you do on the Box Pro remote, to know that 1 is @, not abc, and 7 is pqrs; like 9, four letters rather than three.

0 Ratings
Message 37 of 38

Go to solution

That’ll teach me for not watching or reading instructions….

The updated signature 😂

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
BT900 | Nokia ONT | Ubiquiti ER-X | EETV Box Pro (IP Mode) | Unifi CK2 | 6x Unifi U6+ | 2x Unifi SAK Ultra
0 Ratings
Message 38 of 38

Go to solution

@Midnight_Voice 

Aha, will bear that in mind if all 3 of my IR remotes,  and the UTC one,  all pack up at the same time and have to revert to using the three bluetooth ones that are in a drawer 🤪

0 Ratings