cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 6

BT tv box pro stuck in maintenance mode

Tried resetting, everything. Stuck in maintenance mode. 

software reset, factory reset etc. won’t even let me move between them it’s totally frozen. Thinking of contacting the ombudsman. 

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Re: BT tv box pro stuck in maintenance mode

@MissBeatty 

Well, he won’t be able to fix it 😢

But stuff happens, hardware ages, especially moving parts. How old is it?

A box in this state has had it; if you are a BT TV subscriber, BT will replace it on request.

If you aren’t, take the lid off, and give the disc a little light percussive maintenance. Might unstick it, get it going again, might not.

Replacing the hard disc (it’s easy, just slot a new unformatted disc in, and the box will set it up automagically) might fix it, might not.

Costs about the same as getting a new-to-you secondhand one from eBay or CeX, which will work.

There’s no way to rescue your HD recordings though; even if you could get the disc going again, they are all encrypted, with a key only the box knows.

*** Longtime YouView box owner, BT Broadband customer, but never a BT TV subscriber ***
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 6

I’ve had it about 9 months they won’t give another. 

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 6

If you're in contract then BT will replace it. If you purchased the Pro Box online, (it's not available officially to buy), then there's not a lot you can do.

Message 5 of 6

@MissBeatty 

You never own a BT Pro box. You just become the registered, or unregistered, keeper 😛

*** Longtime YouView box owner, BT Broadband customer, but never a BT TV subscriber ***
0 Ratings
Message 6 of 6

@MissBeatty  if you are in a TV  contract with  BT I would expect  then to schedule  an engineer  visit which ultimately  would lead to a replacement  loan box if the current loan   box is faulty.  Did BT not suggest/ offer that when you contacted  support ?