cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4

BT view remote

The AV button on my BT remote isn’t working. It seems to be overriding my TV too as I can’t get the source button on the tv remote to work or by pressing the button on the tv. This is the error code I keep getting. 
HDMI 3 1080p@50 Hz
Thanks for any help.

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Re: BT view remote

@Galvs1 

I don’t think that’s an error message, and it’s certainly not a YouView error message; it’s more likely your TV telling you the status of your connection.

You need to tell us the model of YouView box you have though, and which remote you have (see below), before we can go much further, and also the make and model of your TV.

In the meantime, reset your remote according to the following instructions, depending on which remote you have exactly:-

https://www.bt.com/help/tv/fix-a-problem/remote/which-remote-do-you-have

reprogram it for whichever make of TV you have, and see if it then behaves.

And please come back, whether that works or not, so we can help more if it didn’t fix things, or to report success and Accept a solution.

*** Longtime YouView box owner, BT Broadband customer, but never a BT TV subscriber ***
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 4

None of those match my remote exactly but the first one is more or less the same. It won’t reset holding those buttons for 5 seconds though. I’ve had my view box since 2015. 
The model of my view box is DB - T2200/BT/DF

My tv is Sharp Aquos. 
Thanks 

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 4

@Galvs1 

Try the instructions for the curvy remote:-

1. Press and hold the TV and RED coloured button (not the record button) at the same time for five seconds. 

2. The TV and PVR buttons will then flash red three times. That’s it, your remote is reset.

*** Longtime YouView box owner, BT Broadband customer, but never a BT TV subscriber ***
0 Ratings