cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 3

BT Set Top Box (T4000 4K UHD) intermittently goes to screen with swirling blue symbol

My BT Set Top box works and then every now and then, after resuming from standby, goes into a mode where as you try and select a station from the GUI, it intermittently goes to the screen with the the swirling blue symbol.  I used to be able to correct this by turning the box off and removing and reconnecting all cables to it. However, this time that method is not solving the problem. Please could you suggest what the problem is and how I can solve it. Thank you.  

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Re: BT Set Top Box (T4000 4K UHD) intermittently goes to screen with swirling blue symbol

@colpip 

Sounds like it’s buffering, in which case the only thing to do is wait it out.

Even though you might think you are doing something here that does not involve the internet, on YouView boxes it does, as they fetch metadata about the programme you are trying to select.

It would be no bad idea to try an Option 2 Maintenance Mode reset though (this Option preserves all your recordings), just in case your box has got its knickers in a twist:-

https://support.youview.com/youview-box/box-and-remote/using-maintenance-mode/

*** Longtime YouView box owner, BT Broadband customer, but never a BT TV subscriber ***
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 3

Re: BT Set Top Box (T4000 4K UHD) intermittently goes to screen with swirling blue symbol

Swirling blue symbol? I'm trying to think what that is (though it's been a while since I've used one of those boxes).
My Samsung TV has a swirling blue symbol when it doesn't detect any input on the HDMI - that's on the TV though, not from the TV Box.
0 Ratings