cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4

BTTV upgrade

Go to solution

Hi .
New to this forum so apologies if this is the wrong board. 

I have BT Halo 1 & BTTV (YouView Box 4K UHD Box) with Entertainment pack included (TNT sports).

I am considering an upgrade  to Halo 3+ & EE TV as a number of my current TV channels have gone. It’s clearly down to the package I’m on (old).

Ideally I would want a new TV box that has WiFi capability as current one is ethernet only. 

Appreciate any feedback from someone who can confirm if I upgrade the TV will this include a new tv box with WiFi capability being sent out or not please? 

Thank you.

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Re: BTTV upgrade

Go to solution

Hi Simonr1,

I don't know what would happen if you upgraded the package, but I have a BT/EE TV Pro box and I can confirm that it does have Wifi!

However, it might have troubles with it's own internal Wifi card. You might experience picture break ups, no matter how close it is to the router. I have this same problem.

What I would suggest, if you do run into these troubles, is to plug it into Ethernet or get some sort of wifi to ethernet converter, or plug it into a BT wifi disc and have it connect that way via wifi instead.

I don't know if you would get the new box or not, I got mine with an entirely new TV package(I mean not having TV with BT/EE before), but I should imagine you would? I just wanted to point out one potential problem you may have, so you can be ready for it.

But otherwise, the box has been excellent for me in every way!

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 4

Go to solution

@simonr1  I think if you phone them to discuss an upgrade you can probably negotiate a new box as well.  But bear in mind any box you get now has to be returned if you leave. You may have to return your existing box so any recordings you have not watched will be lost...  I have a BTTV Pro Box WiFi connection and it works well most of the times... 

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 4

Go to solution

@simonr1 

How do you mean, a number of your current TV channels have gone?

Is this streaming channels, or broadcast channels?

If it’s broadcast channels, this won’t be down to the package you are on.

What are examples of channels that have gone?

*** Longtime YouView box owner, BT Broadband customer, but never a BT TV subscriber ***
0 Ratings