cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 21 of 33

Re: Box Pro - new firmware

Hello Gavin,

Thank you for taking the time to respond to my issue.It is driving me mad when it happens. The box also  will not respond to on/off. I end up putting the power off and back on after 30 secs and then Youview loads again and the box springs to life

Since I had the box in October last year I must have had the Purple Screen about 30/40 times

My TV is New Samsung Model QE50QN90AATXXU

Regards

Spanishbear

0 Ratings
Message 22 of 33

Just another update on my problem.On switching on the BT box this morning,the dreaded Purple Screen appeared .After switching the box off and trying to switch it back on eventually a light green screen appeared.

Are these issues symptomatic with the Box being faulty

0 Ratings
Message 23 of 33

Today I've got 4.1.70 / 0.8.212 on my Box Pro.   Anyone know what's new or just more bug fixes?

Also got a full page banner ad for STV Player app appear when switched on.

@DarrenDev 

---------------------------------------------------------------
Fibre 2 Unlimited using EE Smart Hub 2 with EE TV Box Pro (UHD/HDR) in IP mode.
0 Ratings
Message 24 of 33

Hi @Spanishbear  - regarding the purple you screen you and others have been experiencing, this is something we are looking to fix in the very near future. We're currently testing a fix for this issue which has proved positive so far. I will share the version number to look for when we have a release candidate.

Message 25 of 33

Nothing exciting I'm afraid - just a few stability fixes. I wouldn't expect to see anything new until EE TV launch - nothing but essential fixes until then.
Is your box in IP mode? I'd normally only expect the STV screen to appear when setting up IP. My box hasn't picked up that update, so I don't know if I'll see it too.
0 Ratings
Message 26 of 33

Yes - IP mode.

Also noticed that SKYMIX is the SD version in IP mode even though every other platform (except Freeview) now have it as HD since it replaced PICK.

@DarrenDevwrote:
Nothing exciting I'm afraid - just a few stability fixes. I wouldn't expect to see anything new until EE TV launch - nothing but essential fixes until then.
Is your box in IP mode? I'd normally only expect the STV screen to appear when setting up IP. My box hasn't picked up that update, so I don't know if I'll see it too.

---------------------------------------------------------------
Fibre 2 Unlimited using EE Smart Hub 2 with EE TV Box Pro (UHD/HDR) in IP mode.
Message 27 of 33

I can't comment on content deals (as I don't have access to that info). If we had the rights to show Sky Mix in HD then I'm sure we'd be using them.
0 Ratings
Message 28 of 33

Hello Gavin,

Thank you for your post .At long last BT have admitted that there is a problem with the Pro Box.. The Purple Screen issues were dismissed by BT and even the Engineers claimed they had never come across  it. 

My Box has been returned and  my contract cancelled. I will wait to see what replaces the Pro Box 

0 Ratings
Message 29 of 33

I have had to return the Pro box and went back to the 4k box because of a lip sync issue but even then I noticed other issues with the Pro box. 

0 Ratings
Message 30 of 33

@dephead2004 

Assuming you mean ‘latest’ 😛, YouView is only closed to retail customers.

It continues to operate for its business customers, of which BT is one.

So the latest software for BT boxes is supplied by BT. It’s quite possible that it actually comes from YouView servers still, but that is transparent to us users.

If you have a BT YouView box, even if you aren’t with BT, let alone BT TV, you will get any updates going. Same for TalkTalk boxes.

Though if you have a retail YouView DTR-T2000 these days, tough luck 😢

*** Longtime YouView box owner, BT Broadband customer, but never a BT TV subscriber ***
0 Ratings