cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 7

Breech of contract?

Hi all

I logged into MyBT to see my options for my TV service now that the football season is over.  

All I have offered is a new 2 year contract and all but 1 insist on a new 24 month broardband contract.

surely this is a breech of my contract that says I can change my package every 30 days  

For reference my TV contact runs until December this year and broardband in November 24

Have I missed anything?

thanks

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Re: Breech of contract?

You can change the contents of your TV Package as long as you are still in a contract.

If you took out the TV package before 21st Feb 2020, if you want to change the package you need to move onto one of the flexible packages.

See link

Changing your BT TV package and add-ons | BT Help

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 7

That’s what I thought. But the screen says otherwise 

IMG_0573.jpegIMG_0573.jpeg

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 7

Have you logged onto your MyBT then gone to Your Products then TV or BT Sport?

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 7

Yes. That’s where I got the screenshot from 

I’ll call BT at some point this week to find out what is happening 

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 7

When I renewed my BT contract, it also pulled my broadband into allignment so I'm guessing that because yours are out of sync, it's pulling them together which makes sense to me. 

Message 7 of 7

I think @NigelB72 is correct here, when I took BT TV I had to re-contract  and cannot swap my package until 21st June according to My BT. 

It is logical to assume that you can change monthly  across your 2 year contract, therefore your broadband term needs to be aligned as it is required to access the service.

————————————————————-
BT Smart Hub 2 | Halo 3+ | Digital Voice | Sky Q | Apple TV 4K | LG OLED