cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

Bt remote

Go to solution

Hi, is there a way of stopping my bt remote from turning on my samsung soundbar. I only use the soundbar to watch a movie and it's very frustrating to constantly be turning it off whenever I watch tv.

Thanks in advance 

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: Bt remote

Go to solution

If you have connected the soundbar to your TV via the e-arc or arc socket this will happen, taking priority over the TV internal speakers. Disconnect the soundbar when not needed.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 5

Go to solution

@Paulyblue  

Are you sure it is your BT remote turning on the soundbar?

As @edbostan describes, a soundbar in the ARC or eARC connection on your TV will turn on every time the TV is turned on, if (e)ARC is enabled, whether turned on by the TV remote, or by one of the devices in the other HDMI ports turning on.

Or are you saying this doesn’t happen, and turning on the YouView device doesn’t do this, only some specific action on the BT remote?

Try turning off ARC/eARC in the TV sound settings, and this should stop this behaviour, even with the soundbar connected and in standby; on my TV, admittedly an LG, this forces it to use the internal speakers, and nothing on the YouView box or its remote overrides this.

And report back your findings.

—————————————————————————————————————
*** Longtime YouView box owner, BT Broadband customer, finally an EE TV subscriber ***
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 5

Go to solution

Hi, thank you so much for your reply.

Yes the soundbar is connected to eArc to get the best out of it. I can see now why the soundbar is turning on and off, and I have decided to leave it unplugged between movies.

Once again thank you for taking the time to reply.

Kind regards 

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 5

Go to solution

Hi thank you for your reply. 

Yes I have realised what is going on now after everybody's kind words.

I will take your advice and leave it disconnected until we watch a movie.

Thank you again,

Kind regards 

0 Ratings