cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 41 of 46

Re: Bt tv ee rebrand

Go to solution

I can’t see a lot of people sticking with the pro box if the EE box will have all the apps that the BT box still doesn’t have like YouTube , Disney, Apple TV+ etc.  With freeview built in on top of that it’s a no brainer. People hate having to switch over to their LGTV control to access other apps.
However I am worried if ee tv will miss out on pause rewind live tv! ? that’s still a thing I like. 

the only question remains is if we can jump ship from our current bt tv contracts and re contract with ee tv straight away and swapping boxes over. 

0 Ratings
Message 42 of 46

Go to solution

@FC12  BT Mobile will be closing some time in the next year or so and customers are being nudged over to EE Mobile even if they’re still in contract. When it comes to billing EE and BT are still separate even though they’re part of the same group. BT Mobile still has ‘Roam like home’ included which is an add-on with EE Mobile. It’s possible that a similar situation will arise with tv, although we have been told that the Pro tv box will remain as the flagship box. I understand that having more apps on the main box is a deal breaker for some. We’ll just have to see what’s announced. 

0 Ratings
Message 43 of 46

Go to solution
Yes. That was announced.

Apple TV box with the EE TV app for channels. It’s been done in other countries and is an official thing with Apple. The Apple TV+ box can decode the official BT TV IP streams in the same way as the Pro and Mini boxes can do you’d think that’s what we will end up with.

Quite a good solution really.
Message 44 of 46

Go to solution

Probably hearsay but I thought the EETV service would use a 4K Apple TV box

A few weeks ago, I was emailed by the BT Trials Team with an offer to join a 3 month trial for an out of contract Plusnet user to move to EE and test out the new EE TV (as well as EE FTTP). The supplied box would be an Apple 4k TV box and EE would throw in £50 a month credit to spend in the EE TV store too.

Unfortunately I'm now in contract with BT so that offer came 5 months too late.

But it does seem to point to EE TV being an Apple TV 4k box.

Message 45 of 46

Go to solution

What’s the update on EE TV? 

0 Ratings
Message 46 of 46

Go to solution

Dont no not this year by the look of it. Typical bt really.  Why cant they just at least announce whats coming instead of keeping it secet. When sky launched glass and stream they gave you months of knowing what was coming.  

0 Ratings