cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 3

Can I buy a BT TV package if I don't have a BT IP?

Hi all, my mother in law who lives in our annexe would like to have BT TV , I think it used to be called BT vision? Any way, we currently use Plusnet as our IP, can she run a bt TV package on this IP does anyone know? Of do we need to swap to BT as the IP? Many thanks!

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Re: Can I buy a BT TV package if I don't have a BT IP?

You can buy BT Sport through Plusnet, pretty much everything else is provided by Now, so may as well subscribe direct with them. Just means you can't record but everything is available on demand.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 3

Re: Can I buy a BT TV package if I don't have a BT IP?

@Garethhollowaywrote:

Hi all, my mother in law who lives in our annexe would like to have BT TV , I think it used to be called BT vision? Any way, we currently use Plusnet as our IP, can she run a bt TV package on this IP does anyone know? Of do we need to swap to BT as the IP? Many thanks!

You need BT to be your ISP to buy a BT TV package.

Plusnet is part of the BT group but no longer provides a TV service. You can buy access to BT Sport via an app through Plusnet but that’s it.

Also worth noting that currently (although this will be changing), BT TV requires an aerial to deliver parts of the service based on Freeview. 

————————————————————-
BT Smart Hub 2 | Halo 3+ | Digital Voice | EE TV Pro | Sky Q | Apple TV 4K | LG OLED
0 Ratings