cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 14

Cannot get bbc hd

Go to solution

Hi, just had my kit installed. I paid the extra £6 to enable HD channels, but when I tried too access BBC, a message said it could not be accessed, HD not available, suggesting powering of and on the boxes, but no difference. It is the same on the additional mini box which is using WIFI, ( the main hub is connected using cable). Is there a setting somewhere? The code given was IPC 6011

0 Ratings
13 REPLIES 13
Message 2 of 14

Re: Cannot get bbc hd

Go to solution

@Neutral   BBC HD is not an add on from BT it's a BBC channel available to anyone with a HD TV via aerial or IPTV via BT Pro box.  So your £6 extra is for BT / Now TV in HD Inc Sport  UHD on compatible TV and set top box. 

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 14

Go to solution

Hi @Neutral  and thanks for posting.

IPC6011 errors can occurs when the TV box hasn't yet got the right subscription eligibility data. If you haven't already can you click on "Update Software" (under Settings/Software Information) from the main menu to check it's got that.

If you access BBC1 or BBC2 (on channel 1 or 2 from the guide) do you see iPlayer start after pressing back from the error?

I'll get some checks done to ensure everything is set up our end - can you drop me a line with either box serial number to start that rolling? 

thanks

David

Message 4 of 14

Go to solution

Thanks David for the reply. I eventually rang the help line who exhausted the resets power downs etc, and has arranged an engineer to call next Tuesday, but that seems a way off.

The smart hub 2 serial is  ************* 

Both the main box, and the mini box upstairs are behaving the same. One is on wifi, the main one on cable. When I select BBC 1 or 2, they both give the same error code of IPC6023, did not see the Iplayer fully start up, just the message to press one of the buttons to start from the beginning, but then the error message. I have swapped all cables out, still the same. Connected it to a good known working HDMI slot, which caused havoc to our Virgin setup which is still connected, so much for smart TV's., but still the same.

Currently feel a bit mind blown over trying to get it working.  Broudband speed is great at 500, and the digital landline as well, just the TV.  It seems every channel is HD!

Discovery Plus seems to work, but after the Virgin service got messed up, I had to put that right or herself would have been none to pleased as she is a TV addict. Hope you can help. Regards, Brian

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 14

Go to solution

Hi David, I left everything off for an hour, then restarted. I can get prime OK after setting up, and from the guide, if I select BBC 1 or 2, if I step back, I can watch from the start using prime, and then fast forward to watch the current time, but if I just choose the channel. it displays an outline stating the channel, and the option top right to start from the beginning with iplayer, but if I just wait, the screen goes blank, (black), but up to now, no longer getting any messages.

Thanks again Brian

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 14

Go to solution

Thanks Bluemoon. I found the software update, but when I selected it, after a quick twirl it said already up to date. See my message to David regarding what I have tried and the current state. Thanks for your suggestion, regards, Brian

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 14

Go to solution

Hi @Neutral I get you, we'll try and keep things simple 🙂

IPC6023 is a different error reason, to do with how your broadband TV channels arrive at the box (or don't in this case).

The message to "press OK to start from the beginning" suggests that your TV box is trying to get the BBC channel but the network packets aren't there - if you press and hold OK, iPlayer should launch and start the programme from the beginning - that will confirm you do have some connection and can access streaming services and catch up players.

As you are on FTTP (full fibre) most likely causes are connection or configuration - if you have followed all the set up guides to get the white Openreach modem connected to the hub correctly you should have a full set of Power, PON and LAN lights on the modem as in this guide How to set up BT Smart Hub 2 | With fibre broadband | BT Help | BT Help

the other possible issue is that there's a problem further in the network where the packets originate from - I'll get some checks done there for you today and post back. 

thanks

David

Message 8 of 14

Go to solution

Hi @Neutral I've checked your hub (serial removed for privacy) and confirmed there are no multicast packets which is the reason that IPC6023 message is being shown.

The Hub is definitely in Fibre mode so when you get a moment, could you check and confirm back that the Ethernet cable (usually the one with red ends) is plugged into the WAN port (Red / labelled port 4) on your Hub and the other end into the Openreach modem's PORT1/LAN1 port  like this picture (sorry if its a bit small)

David_H_0-1695981214637.png

I'll carry on with network checks in the meantime.

thanks

David

Message 9 of 14

Go to solution

Hi David, I am very grateful for your help, at 82 I feel a little lost with the problem

I have checked the cable is in the correct sockets, which it is, we have the small wall box, and it is in the middle.

The errors are solid with regards to the Freeview channels. It even says poor signal quality alongside the error at the top of the screen.  Kind regards, Brian

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 14

Go to solution

Hi David, the power and pon lights are solid on, the lan flickers intermittently. The engineer installed up to and including the Smart hub 2, so up to now, the cable from the wall to the hub, (red ends as you suggest), has not been touched. It does go into the WAN socket, I could try reconnecting it, though they have been gently pushed in.  

0 Ratings