cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 30

Re: Cannot record and all scheduled recordings disappeared

I don’t know if this is relevant, but when trying to schedule a recording from the EE TV app I get a message telling me to turn on the TV and watch the show live at the recording start time. Sounds strange.

0 Ratings
Message 12 of 30

That's standard. If you're viewing the app in landscape you need to scroll down for the record options, at least on Android.

0 Ratings
Message 13 of 30

That’s not what happened. I clicked the record episode button and then got the message at the bottom of the screen (portrait mode).

0 Ratings
Message 14 of 30

@RussK when you click on the programme you want to record in the TV app, the message is always shown at the bottom of the screen. The "Record episode" button in the middle of the screen should show "Episode requested" when you click it. When you then select My TV, then Recordings, it should show your request in the "History" tab with a "Pending" status. A few minutes later, that status should then change.
0 Ratings
Message 15 of 30

@DarrenDev 

It worked exactly as you described, but in the History tab the recording request has a status of Failed (PVR error).

0 Ratings
Message 16 of 30

OK thanks - that at least confirms that your box is synchronising with the cloud (otherwise it would have got stuck permanently pending). I've chased internally to see who'd be best to investigate this further, as it's beyond my field of expertise.
0 Ratings
Message 17 of 30

Thanks @DarrenDev. Appreciate your help.

0 Ratings
Message 18 of 30

Thanks for the heads up @DarrenDev 

Hi @RussK as per the original post is the failure only related to app based recording requests or do those made from the EPG for any scheduled programmes, either Freeview (DTT) or one of the Extra (broadband) channels also have issues?

I've been able locate the two serials for your boxes on our backhauled event data but can only see a single partial recording failure reported for each box (on different days) rather than any scheduled recording failure.

I'll drop you a PM to get some more info and confirm the serial numbers are correct so we can open an investigation.

Thanks

David

0 Ratings
Message 19 of 30

Thanks @David_H.

Can’t record via the box EPG, and the entries that were previously in the Scheduled list have disappeared.

Also cannot record via the app, although I was only trying out that functionality to provide more clues to the reason for being unable to record via the box.

Message 20 of 30

Hi all. After further investigation and help from @RussK we've determined that the box has suffered a partition or other disk related issue that is preventing new recordings from being made, so we're going to get a new box sent out.

Cheers

David