cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 2

Cant watch live tv on Eetv App

Go to solution

Hi, I've just swopped over to EE for my broadband and TV.  When logging into the EETV app, I can't watch any live standard TV channels. Anyone have an idea what I may be doing wrong, as seems pointless to have a TV app and not be able to watch tv?

Thanks

0 Ratings
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2

Re: Cant watch live tv on Eetv App

Go to solution

Hi Jules,

You can use the EE TV app on your smart device to watch live sports which are currently being streamed through TNT Sports. The only live non-sport content you can currently watch within the EE app is on either of the Discovery channels.

All of the major app store providers (i.e. Apple and Google) impose rules on monetisation within the apps they host. It's why you may find yourself unable to rent or purchase films or TV box sets through the EE TV app (the app itself will direct you either to the EE website or your TV set top box to place orders).

The vast majority of channels we provide come through the NOW service, which you will already be subscribed to if you have taken out one of our Entertainment, Big Entertainment or VIP/Full Works packages. As a result of this, nearly all the Extra TV content you know and love can be easily accessed via the NOW app - this includes any shows you might watch on Sky Atlantic, Sky Witness, Sky Crime etc.

Free-to-air content can be found within each provider's respective on-demand player. Doctor Who, for example, can be watched through BBC iPlayer. Catch-ups of Emmerdale or Coronation Street will be available on ITVX. The same goes for Channel 4's on-demand service and My5. The apps you can download on your smart device are the exact same as the TV players you can find by pressing the HOME button on your EE TV remote and selecting the grey "Apps" button under the heading that reads "Featured Apps".

The primary function of the EE TV app is as a handy interactive programme guide. You can browse all of the same channels you would find on your EE TV box and set reminders and recordings whilst out and about, ready to watch when you come home. Before you can use this feature, you'll need to pair your EE TV box with the app by doing the following:

- In your EE TV app, tap on the bottom-right tab labelled "My TV"

- On the next screen, tap "Settings"

- Tap "TV box" (the second option from the top) and then follow the instructions on your screen to get going.

If you have any more questions, please do feel free to ask. Alternatively, you can give us a call during our opening hours from any BT or EE phone simply by dialling 150, or 0800 800 150 from any other provider.

I hope you find this helpful!