cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 8

Channels 101 to 106 & 109 missing on YouView.

Had a problem with the signal on some channels so retuned my YouView box. Have now lost channels 101 to 106 & 109. Have retuned 3 times but still missing. They are there on the TV if I power down the YouView box. Good signal strength & quality on all other channels. Any ideas?

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

Re: Channels 101 to 106 & 109 missing on YouView.

The subject of missing HD channels has been covered multiple times, in short a strong aerial signal overloads the front end of the box and an in-line attenuator normally helps resolve it

Message 3 of 8

Many thanks for the reply. My signal strength & signal quality are both around the 95% mark. I had discounted the strong signal issue as all other channels were working fine. So this morning I tried a 12db attenuator, which reduced the signal strength to 44%. Retuned & still missing the same channels.
Message 4 of 8

Quick update. Last night I power reset the YV box. still the same. Spoke to BT helpdesk on webchat & carried out the following:

Check for hidden channels, none.

Entered maintenance menu & went through all the options, retuning after each reset. Channels still missing.

Connected the TV direct to the aerial, no problems, channels discoverable & viewable on the TV.

Checked all co-ax cables, no problems.

The BT helpdesk decided at that point that the box was faulty & are sending me a new one.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 8

@Devonboy 

Well 44% is just way too low.

You needed a variable attenuator and adjust to somewhere in the 80-90% strength range.

Can't see that it's a faulty box as I'd expect no channels to be found rather than just the HD ones missing.

Message 6 of 8

Many thanks will source a variable attenuator.
0 Ratings
Message 7 of 8

Ok have attenuated signal down to 88%. Reset the YV box & retuned a number of times.
Results: Retune 1: 45 channels found.
Retune 2: 48 channels found.
Retune 3: 84 channels found.
Retune 4: 86 channels found.
Retune 5: 89 channels found.
Retune 6: 112 channels found.
Retune 7: 148 channels found.
Channels 101 to 106 & 109 now receiving very well. Later the same day the channels were once again missing showing signal strength & quality of 0%.
No physical changes made between retunes. So I am thinking that there is an issue with the box.
However I have noticed that the signal quality fluctuates on the channels that keep disappearing. Have spoken with the Freeview team who tell me that all is well with the transmitter which is Beacon Hill. The affected tv channels all seem to be delivered on channel 47 from the transmitter.
Further investigation required.
0 Ratings
Message 8 of 8

@Devonboy 

If you connect the TV aerial lead directly into your TV what does that show regarding signal strength & quality? It could well be that you have issues with the TV feed anyway so best to try and eliminate any issues there first.