cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4

Clashing remotes

Hi

I have a BT box DTR - T2106/500G/BT/DF model Code: 91-00438 and a Humax Auro Android box.

How do i stop the remote controls for these 2 devices clashing and cross controlling - i.e. Bt control Aura as well and vice vesra (although not totally)?

Advice much appreciated.

Tags (3)
0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Re: Clashing remotes

Both devices are manufactured by Humax so there might be some crossover on Infrared frequencies, there really shouldn't be but it would appear that Humax didn't consider this. 

I'd suggest looking through Humax forums for an answer as the crossover is localised to two devices manufactured by Humax.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 4

@Rykirzim 

I no longer have BTTV, but I used to have a Humax Youview, Humax Freeview and a Humax Freesat boxes under our main TV.

You didn't used to be able to change the code set on the Youview - fixed on "mode 1", so I changed the Freeview and Freesat boxes to other modes.

I don't know if this still works with the Aura, (post 2 in that thread):

https://community.youview.com/youview/discussion/5385996/conflict-of-humax-remotes

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 4

Generally Humax devices  can be controlled by up to 6 different remote codes (numbered 1 to 6) Humax Youview boxes are an exception as they are fixed on remote code 1.   PNote that the Sagemcom BT TV Box pro also may be controlled by a IR Humax  Youview remote.

As there are 6 remote codes to choose from you could have up to 6 Humax devices in the same room. The default code for all Humax remote controls is 1.

So you should be able to change the remote code for your Aura  to any of the other 5 settings.

If you are using more than one of the following receivers in the same location you can change the remote control coding so that the remote control commands do not conflict.

this is what Humax say  on their Humax direct support page

REMOTE CONTROL – MULTI/CODE/FUNCTION
  1. Switch on your TV set and the Humax product that you wish to change the remote code.
  2. Make sure that the other Humax product that you do not wish to control is in Standby or powered OFF at the mains.
  3. Point the remote control towards the remote control sensor of the target receiver.
  4. Press and hold the 0 and OK buttons simultaneously for approx. 5-10 seconds.
  5. A message will appear on the TV screen:

"You can change the remote control mode. Press a Numeric Key (<1> ~ <6>) to select the mode Current mode: Mode 1."

1. Press a NUMERIC button (from 1 to 6) to select a different mode.
  2. A message confirming the change of Mode will appear on screen.

If your remote is of the multi-function type, i.e. has TV and STB buttons then it can be programmed to control your TV.

0 Ratings