cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 13

Re: Connecting a Recorder to BT TV Box Mini

I don't mind where the recordings are actually "done", I just would have liked the ability to set recordings and be able to watch them on the Mini box, a la Sky Q.

Speaking of which, all of my BT TV kit has gone back and I had Sky Q installed yesterday so that's the future for at least the next 18 months.  Still have broadband with BT though.

0 Ratings
Message 12 of 13

@CJ18 wrote:

I don't mind where the recordings are actually "done", I just would have liked the ability to set recordings and be able to watch them on the Mini box, a la Sky Q.

Unfortunately this isn't likely to ever happen on BT TV.  As it's a required feature for you, you've made the right choice going for Sky Q.

0 Ratings
Message 13 of 13

My effective, if slightly cumbersome, solution to this is to have two recording YouView boxes, one in the lounge and one in the bedroom, one paired with the BT TV App on my phone, and one paired with it on my iPad.

Then, if we don’t know where we are going to watch something, we just record it on both without me ever getting out of my armchair.

This works especially well for long-running series like Homes Under the Hammer and Countdown, both of which are essentially set and forget.

The solution was a little more streamlined in the old days, when we could have the YouView app and the TalkTalk app on the same device, each linked to one of the boxes, but not much.

There’s a little bit of manually keeping tables on where we got to with what, if we switch rooms mid-series, but it’s not insurmountable.

—————————————————————————————————————
*** Longtime YouView box owner, BT Broadband customer, finally an EE TV subscriber ***
0 Ratings