cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

Contract ending

My TV contract ends on April 24th. I had an online chat yesterday to discuss my options. What happens if I don’t renew? I was told I would lose the benefits of a contract but would still be able to watch my channels. So what was the point of renewing? I’m still confused.

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: Contract ending

if you don't renew your fixed term contract you move to a rolling monthly contract but normally you lose any discounts you had so your bill will increase but package will continue as it is just now

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 5

@Ridgewoodwoody 

Welcome to this user forum for BT Retail phone and broadband customers.

Nothing changes, but you lose any discount that may have been applied at the start of your contract.

Bear in mind that if you do renew the TV, then that automatically renews your broadband for another 24 months.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 5

Thanks for the replies. Most helpful. My broadband contract doesn’t end until July. Would the point you make about my broadband automatically renewing still apply, therefore?

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 5

To get BT TV, you need BT Broadband, so if you renew your TV, then a new broadband contract is started at the same time, and will last another 24 months.

That will take precedent over your original broadband renewal date.